It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for Info

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I have been searching on google etc and I was looking for info on something. Another topic brought this to my mind. Have we ever sent any kind of rocket, satellite, or etc into a black hole? I know it would take a long time to get to the closest one so do we have one heading toward one maybe to collect data from in a later year? Just fishing for some information.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Nope.

The closest black hole is light years away. Even if we tried, our great 10^100 grandkids might get the info.
edit on 26-1-2011 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
The farthest thing is Voyager 1 and it has just reached the outer rim of the solar system not to long ago. So no we haven't www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

Thanks a lot and also the poster below this guy. I was just fishing around never thought to look up how far other ones were out. I was basically searching for Satellites into black holes etc and was getting theories, but no info etc. Thanks again. You can close or delete this now if you would like. Info answered.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
nothing escapes a black hole, not even sound or radio waves. there would be no point in exploring a black hole as we wouldnt be able to retrieve any data(according to hawkings who could be wrong)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
If a satellite got too close to a black hole (past the Event Horizon), no information would ever be able to get out.
edit on 26-1-2011 by PoorFool because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I am extremely pleased that a simple question received a simple, logical, and correct answer. I raises my hopes that important information can be utilized to allow truth to be separated from falsehoods.

Thanks to everyone on this thread!

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by PoorFool

And even if it did itd be a bit compressed

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

sorry for being 1 minute quicker, you get a star for being on the same wave length though

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I think an interesting experiment would be to launch a swarm of millions of "probes" around a black hole that can transmit data back to surrounding satellites. Then let the swarm begin to fall into the blackhole, and see what kind of information we can learn about how the event horizon actually effects them.

Would the probes send back less and less data as time slowed down for them?
Would the probes get ripped apart the closer they approached the event horizon?

I'd like to explode a nuclear bomb next to the edge of an event horizon and watch the black hole just vacuum up the explosion (like in Mars Attacks!)

edit on 26-1-2011 by harrytuttle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Ahh I never thought of that.... Yea I suppose the data would be sucked into the black hole. Well should be if the most common accepted answer is correct and I believe it is. God sometimes its nice when you have a thought and cant get it out of your head to post just due to others can be like this guy and I am like duh dumb moment. I spent like an hour looking for info and you all saved me in about 10mins haha

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

That reminds me of the movie twisters where they have that capsule and they let the tornado suck all them little balls up. I think thats the movie haha good idea if it wasnt so far away.

new topics

top topics

join