It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happened to the Wikileaks threat of revealing the bank with corrupt bankers?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Didn't Assange announce last December that he will release the leak on a major US bank that reveals the corruption that is happening inside that bank? There was even a twitter telling the people to remove their savings from this bank. January is almost ending but I haven't heard anything about this leak yet.

It seems that Julian had a change of heart and decided to go easy in this bank. Any update on what happened to this issue that I may not have been aware of?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by wavemaker

All info Wikileaks receive has to be assessed, and they filter out irrelevant stuff.

Plus with the fact that he's been handed info on the Swiss banks, he may have decided to hold off until they've filtered that info too then release it in bulk.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Good point. Haven't seen anything about this recently. Last real news dailybail.com...

This news may or may not be related. Sources are undisclosed. It's a stretch, but you never know. And even if it's not, it will dovetail nicely. www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 1/25/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Wikileaks has to go through all the data to remove their own account information before releasing the data.

Cause you know...all secrets should be shared and open for all to see...except for wikileaks information.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Patience young Padawan, patience.

As of right now wikileaks has released only 2658 out of 251,287 of the government cables. People are already missing most of the 'juicy bits' even at this rate, mostly due to the medias deliberate focus on the man Assange instead of the leaks themselves.

There is an awful lot of information still to digest before we start demanding more leaks.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ALadInsane

I think Wikileaks has already filtered the info that they are about to release regarding this bank. They already had the hard disk on that bank for a long time now. Hopefully they just had a new info to filter that they should include in the new leak. But I do hope that it will not take that long to release the leaks about this major bank. I want to whole world to know how these corrupt bankers work behind the scene.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by lnr42

I am patient, my master. :-)

It's just that Julian himself said that he will release a leak about this major bank early this January. He must be enjoying his house arrest that he already forgot the date now.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Sorry, I have run out of patience. I have yet to see anything to 'shake the world', I think that is how they advertised themselves last July, anyway.

If they had anything earth-shaking, they must have been quieted down by the PTB.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

I disagree.

Plenty of earth shaking stuff here

Leakage

Not just the latest leaks but thousands of documents going back years.

The problem is that it takes a little effort to actually read through so most people rely on MSM to do it for them. This of course leads to the common misnomer that there is nothing of merit in the leaks.

Originally posted by wavemaker

It's just that Julian himself said that he will release a leak about this major bank early this January. He must be enjoying his house arrest that he already forgot the date now.

Apologies, I didnt see that they had set a date for the Banking files, I thought it was just ....'next'
edit on 25-1-2011 by lnr42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by lnr42

The problem is that it takes a little effort to actually read through so most people rely on MSM to do it for them. This of course leads to the common misnomer that there is nothing of merit in the leaks.

I get most of my news from ATS, even so, I have to filter it.

I guess what I am saying is that even on a conspiracy website, such as this, I haven't had my world 'rocked' by the info that has come out.

And I feel let down by Wikileaks. I really thought that I was going to see something come out that would affect the Earth's population and let us break the shackles that TPTB have on most of us.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

It's just that Julian himself said that he will release a leak about this major bank early this January.

Assange never said January of 2011

Andy Greenberg writes for Forbes.com
Article, November 30,2010

Is Bank Of America WikiLeaks’ Next Target?

When I spoke with WikiLeaks’ founder Julian Assange earlier this month, he told me that in early 2011, the whistleblower site would release a “megaleak” regarding a major U.S. bank.

That release, Assange said, would include tens of thousands of its documents that reveal some sort of unethical behavior. No details on the name or what sort of bad behavior would be exposed.

Now an eagle-eyed reader has sent me a link to a quote from a Computer World interview with Assange from October of 2009, which, if true, may contain a clue to that bank’s identity:

At the moment, for example, we are sitting on five gigabytes from Bank of America, one of the executive’s hard drives,” he said. “Now how do we present that? It’s a difficult problem. We could just dump it all into one giant Zip file, but we know for a fact that has limited impact. To have impact, it needs to be easy for people to dive in and search it and get something out of it.”

Assange never told Bank of American Customers/Clients in the USA to close their savings account, because Bank of America activities might be leaked. Thats a total misrepresentation of what actually happened and why Wikileaks Organisation sent a certain tweet back in December 2010

Bank of America stopped their customers/clients who wanted to send donations to Wikileaks Organisation. THEY BANNED/CENSORED YOU from doing so... this was after Amazon, Paypal, Visa and Mastercard stopped processing donations to Wikileaks Organisation... Bank of America joined the other axis of evil corporations

December 2010

Bank of America has added its name to a list of several financial institutions that have refused to process payments for WikiLeaks as the site reportedly readies a document release that targets the banking giant.

"This decision is based upon our reasonable belief that WikiLeaks may be engaged in activities that are, among other things, inconsistent with our internal policies for processing payments," the bank announced late yesterday.

The announcement comes on the heels of similar moves made by MasterCard, Visa, and PayPal earlier this month, which have limited WikiLeaks' ability to raise funds to support its Web site's operation. Those institutions' Web sites subsequently came under cyberattack by a hacker group in retaliation for the moves.

WikiLeaks via Twitter responded to the announcement by urging its supporters to stop doing business with Bank of America.

"We ask that all people who love freedom close out their accounts at Bank of America," WikiLeaks said on its Twitter page. "Does your business do business with Bank of America? Our advice is to place your funds somewhere safer."

Source: news.cnet.com...

Remember back then
All it took was one phone call from a politican to a private company to shut down Wikileaks Organisation.. NO LEGAL DUE PROCESS! NOTHING! Just one phone call

This could happen to any one of us, we dont even have to be citizens of the USA!
If the US Government decided you said or did something that was against their National Security.

To most normal thinking people (who dont rely on the media to sway them) understood exactly what was happening. MSM downplayed the seriousness of this and further fed the USA Government narrative

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
It would probably be much easier to list the non-corrupt banks. It would only be a few lines long, if that.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I would assume that his entire motivation is blackmail

"oh, I have top secret info that will shut you down"

"well, we have a billion dollars that will shut you up"

"ok, sounds good" [julian laughing all the way to the bank]

new topics

top topics

join