It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Difficult Coming Decade

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

While I am at heart an optimist I am also a realist try that on for a contradiction .
Starting off with my own country the New Zealand government isn't going to spend its way out of the current economic slump . Even if that were possible this isn't your normal recession because to a much lesser extend the economy is not being fuelled by personal debt and a run away housing market . The National lead government is only telling a half truth about the rise of personal debt in New Zealand becoming a problem in the last decade . The introduction of student loans or in other words higher education was no longer free was a fatal turning point . A generation was endowed with the idea that personal debt is the norm . This is in spite of the fact that my grandparents lived thou the Great Depression and World War Two . New Zealand elected leaders won't ever address the infrastructure problems that the country has and that prevents economic growth . The carbon emission trading scheme and the GST hike have driven up the cost of living .

In a wider sense the bail outs have doomed the global economy to a decade of stagnant economic growth . Even Australia where Chinese demand for Natural resources kept the economy a float the bill for the recovery from the flooding is something like twenty billion dollars . In the US domestic terrorism is coming to the forefront . The Tea Party movement will likely be infiltrated by domestic terrorists the ramifications of this are huge . Many of that movements supporters will not bail they will go along with the terrorists .

As an emerging power China is in danger of running out of clean drinking water due to a lack of environmental controls . The world as a whole will continue to grow more unstable . To those who don't want the US to play a role in world affairs be careful you may get what you wish for . In the transition period going between India and China going from emerging to genuine superpowers and the US economic problems can only produce an unstable world . Just look at the kind of things that happened in the Balkans after the fall of the Soviet Union . In the middle east the US buying less Oil from Saudi Arabia spells trouble for that regime . The regime in Saudi Arabia needs oil revenue so it can the westerners who run the power stations and other infrastructure in that country . Ironically the Saudis have a cultural distrust of foreigners . Take the functioning infrastructure out of Saudi Arabia and every nut job terrorist group will be looking to come to the forefront in a possible civil war . The time frame for Saudi Arabia could be gradual so it could be two to three decades before we see its full effects .

To be honest I don't have any enlighten answers but I do know that it is time that I started up my small vegetable garden again .

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
hi i have a question what will happen to north korea at this time because there's a video game called homefront and it shows that while the world is in hell North Korea becomes a super power. Any chance of that happening
here is the game trailer

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by xpert11

To be honest I don't have any enlighten answers but I do know that it is time that I started up my small vegetable garden again .

Are those still legal in New Zealand? Well, give monsanto time they will fix that. Anyway, I agree with most of what you are saying. Dangerous and "interesting" times are ahead. Food, water, guns, ammo, and family. If you got those, you are good.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

My thoughts on what could happen concerning the Korea situation can be found here .

reply to post by sonofliberty1776

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Rising living costs are going to be a part of the coming decade . Small Vegetables gardens in peoples backyards don't pose much threat to the monopoly that the supplies of food have . Personally I would like to see a return to WW2 style victory gardens around my local community . Even if you could get thou the over burden of local government regulation it would only take one dishonest person out there to ruin the concept .

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

new topics

top topics

join