It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TV series and its theme music

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Greetings:

I am a Chinese.
The very first way our Chinese Civilians knew US of America was TV series in last century 80's.
Some learned good from it, such as conscience, justice, equality and responsibility. Some are tend to inversion like eroticism, gamble and greedy.

Certainly it is free to choose whatever a man should be, but the most important is remaining some traces so that an evil will return to be an angel at any day, perhaps.

In my view, the theme music of which like Hunter, Dark Justice, Air Wolf, brought some kind of soul to us maybe only me so impressively, there still has been some impression being my heart even most of detailed plot was lost.

Since then, however, although many TV series has been coming, the theme music is never such exciting, vivid as those showed 30 years ago.
So what happened? Is the talent of TV Music maker in US exhausted? or there is something I don't know?

Best regards

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by emile

There's a simple answer....MONEY

In the 70's and 80's, most action shows (like you mentioned) were an hour long, and had intros that were a few minutes long.

Now though, tv executives have this idea that people will flip around the channels during the intro, or that they can fit a couple more commercials in during that time instead, and opt for this. There are still some shows that have great theme music, but you won't see those longer intros any more, so you don't hear much of it.

Not to mention, action shows are kind of a thing of the past. Now it's mostly soapy dramas like Gray's Anatomy, Desperate Housewives, etc., crime shows (like, well....EVERYTHING)...or reality shows, with a few sprinkled sci-fi type shows.

Personally, I'm with you, and I enjoy an intro with some meat to it.

join