It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever been tricked?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
When I was a child, I used to hate mayonaise. The smell of it would make me sick. I would not eat a sandwich, deviled eggs, tuna, or many other things because of this. A few years ago, my wife tricked me into eating mayonaise, and I thought it was something new. Come to find out, I love the stuff. How did this happen? Well, my parents always bought Miracle whip, and called it mayonaise. So I always assumed that mayonaise, and miracle whip where the same thing. I was wrong, and for most of my life, I missed out on things. One of my favorite things to eat is Tuna Sandwiches, and I only found this out recently. That is not the worst trick though. My mom used to make veal every other week. We had that with spaghetti. Then one day, thinking we were having veal, I go to take a bite, and what is it? Veal? No no NO. It was eggplant. Nasty tasting eggplant. One of the worst things I have ever tried in my life. Why would parents do something like that?

PS. Yes this was a pointless thread, but eh. The other threads moved on without me and I got lost, or are not moving at all, and I got bored.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
well, it really depends on what you mean by "trick".

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by dccruibay

Miracle Whip is VILE, VILE stuff....Mayo is much better.

Personally, I only like it a tiny bit...and way less than most, just enough to keep from choking, but MW is nasty stuff...no wonder it turned you off it.

My trick was Spinach Dip. I used to LOVE Spinach as a kid...but couldn't stand it after my teens. But, as an adult, I had good spinach dip once, and liked it ever since (still don't like actual spinach though)....

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I hate Miracle Whip. If I order a burger at a restaurant and they bring it with that crud instead of the mayo I ordered, then I will not eat it....I will ask for the manager, complain...the whole nine yards. That stuff is disgusting. Mayo on the other hand is great in moderation.

Re: spinach...I hated it as a kid (it was always boiled, soggy, etc). As an adult, I still hate spinach when it's "soggy"; however, I love fresh, unadulterated spinach leaves. I eat them daily in my salad. I don't even use salad dressing, I just love the fresh leafy taste.

EDIT: to answer the question "have you ever been tricked". Yes, a long time ago. Three words will sum it up: Rocky Mountain Oysters

edit on 3-2-2011 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Yeah...not actual "oysters"...

new topics

top topics

join