It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Mitt Romney wins N.H. GOP straw poll'... but guess who comes in second

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
www.politico.com...

Former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney won the first presidential straw poll of the 2012 cycle, kicking off New Hampshire’s first-in-the-nation primary election race.

Romney won with 35 percent, beating second-place finisher Ron Paul by 24 points in the WMUR-ABC News straw poll of members of the state Republican Party. In third place was former Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty, who won 8 percent—just one point ahead of Sarah Palin, who drew 7 percent.

While we all expected Mitt Romney to win this straw poll by healthy margins I don’t believe any of us expected Ron Paul to come in second, especially with only an 11% trailing behind Romney and a 16% gap between third-place Tim Pawlenty.

Yet even with such breaking political news throughout the rest of the article nothing highlights how much of a triumph Ron Paul experienced.

Could this finally be the rise of potential 2012 Presidential Candidate and Libertarian Conservative Ron Paul?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Could this finally be the rise of potential 2012 Presidential Candidate and Libertarian Conservative Ron Paul?

I hope so. Even us Cdns watch American politics, with baited breath at the edge of our seats. Not kidding either. Some of the people we see down there in politics are almost frightening. Entertaining, but frightening. It's been getting worse too, everyone is so divided. The US seems to be on a strange path right now. It's looking like destruction from the inside out.

It affects too much of the rest of the world, when the US has the wrong person heading the country.

I didn't believe that Bush was voted in twice, with electronic voting machines that can/are hacked into apparently easily, it's hard to hope for the right person to get into office.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
All we can do is hope. Despite the efforts of the corporate media, Ron Paul will have much greater support this time around, both vocally and financially.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
The next president has already been decided 3 years ago on some southern California golf course. Elections are a fabricated fantasy to make the proletariat actually think they have a stake in the destiny of the US. Elections are more akin to the super bowl than an exercise in participatory decision making. It's fun playing the game though!

They even have team mascots...elephants and donkeys. American politics in nothing more than a theater of the absurd.

And it's not saying much for those that take is seriously. But like I said earlier....It's fun playing the game!
edit on 23-1-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
reply to post by Misoir

I hope so. Even us Cdns watch American politics, with baited breath at the edge of our seats. Not kidding either. Some of the people we see down there in politics are almost frightening. Entertaining, but frightening. It's been getting worse too, everyone is so divided. The US seems to be on a strange path right now. It's looking like destruction from the inside out.

It affects too much of the rest of the world, when the US has the wrong person heading the country.

I didn't believe that Bush was voted in twice, with electronic voting machines that can/are hacked into apparently easily, it's hard to hope for the right person to get into office.

I can't agree with you more - it certainly explains how Obama became President!
edit on 4-2-2011 by mtncharlie because: moved text

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal"

Emma Goldman
edit on 4-2-2011 by OleMB because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
So in other words... Ron Paul 24 points behind a guy who admitted to driving around with his labrador strapped to the car roof. 24 points behind the guy who lost the Republican nomination to Grandpa Simpson.

Well... Yeah, sounds about right.

2nd place... with 11%. Wooo.
edit on 4/2/2011 by TheWalkingFox because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join