It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

University researchers create networked flying robots that build complex structures

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

University researchers create networked flying robots that build complex structures

www.rawstory.com

Imagine a future where massive, flying robots assemble complex structures like skyscrapers or houses, with all the machines working as one, coordinated through a wireless network and custom algorithm.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Thought this was interesting and didn't see it posted. Personally I see less and less people doing real work. At some point it seems our labor may become unnecessary. Then what? Do we let the lazy unemployed starve? Do we simply allow people to live without being employed? While this problem may seem only a remote possibility presently, look at what automation has already achieved in the past 100 years.

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 19-1-2011 by Leo Strauss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
S & F

Pretty cool development any way you look at it.

I also thought the reader comment below was pretty funny;

I want to know if these robots have thought about joining the union,the UAW's robots get free mechanical check-ups and 12 holidays.

edit on 1/19/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
what do i need to build one at home.. and fly it from my computer, maby fly it around an pick up litter

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Sometimes I wonder if these scientists/inventors ever get the moral of the story when they watch science fiction. Busy coming up with A.I., batteries that recharge from body heat and now this. As I recall, these developments never bode well for human beings in the movies.

Really, quite amazing!

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Hello chopper fans.

See the full scale thing, there:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Blue skies.

new topics

top topics

join