It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Husband: Giffords smiled and gave him neck rub

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

www.chron.com

"She's in the ICU. You know, gone through this traumatic injury. And she spent 10 minutes giving me a neck massage," Kelly explained in an interview with Diane Sawyer to air Tuesday on ABC. "It's so typical of her that no matter how bad the situation might be for her, you know, she's looking out for other people."

Such encounters indicate higher levels of functioning, implying that "she's recognizing him and interacting, perhaps in an old familiar way with him," said Dr. Michael Lemole.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
This husband is awesome to the core. He has stood by her as calmly as he could, and didn't fall into the hatemongering for a minute.

He is being rewarded by our creator for his faith and discipline. Gabrielle Giffords is beginning to make a great recovery and I can only be glad for both of them.

They have been through much, and though I'm doing my best to stay on top of her health, once this situation calms I hope that they fade back into the static, and are allowed to live their lives in peace.

www.chron.com

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
just another strange story to add too the pile , yea gettn shot point blank in the head and surviving , then a little over a week later giving a neck rub yep completely normal

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by sbctinfantry

Why is she getting all the news when a bunch of US soldiers lost their lives in Afghanistan last week in a deadly attack. What did she ever do for the US?

edit on 17-1-2011 by RustyShakleford92 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by RustyShakleford92

Why is she getting all the news when a bunch of US soldiers lost their lives in Afghanistan last week in a deadly attack. What did she ever do for the US?

Maybe because with all of the tragedy and violence in this world people need to know that miracles can and do happen.

And whether anyone here will accept it, or even understand it, the case of Giffords, and her survival is absolutely a MIRACLE!

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

Maybe because with all of the tragedy and violence in this world people need to know that miracles can and do happen.

And whether anyone here will accept it, or even understand it, the case of Giffords, and her survival is absolutely a MIRACLE!

She got lucky. The bullet only entered on side of her brain.

But I agree. Soldiers are dying on a daily basis and she's all over the news. It's a shame.

I'm not trying to be negative. I just think our priorities are not in the right place.
edit on 1/17/2011 by PhantomLimb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
How mean.......... as soon as she's start feeling better and even before she's outta the hospital he's already giving orders and making her give back rubs already......

It's good news she's doing better all joking aside.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Its good that Giffords is recovering but on the same note we wouldn't know about it if she wasn't news worthy.. I would love to hear of miracles for those that are not newsworthy, innocent children that are not well known, our soldiers that are fighting for our freedom. Why do we continue to talk about and glamorize those that are in the media news and forget about others?

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I read this article earlier and I have to say I thought it a bit odd that she's still in a serious condition, yet able to give a neck rub? Would she not be lying down and hooked up to all manner of equipment?

I agree though with the sentiments about less newsworthy people not getting the attention they deserve and whilst I wish the woman a full recovery, there are so many people who die and are seriously injured every day that we just don't hear about...very sad.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by destination now

Yes she would be laying down and hooked up to a lot of equipment. I think they over stated "neck rub". Perhaps he was sitting next to her and she ran her hand across his neck, I don't know but they said 10 minute neck rub - that takes energy and strength. I did note they didn't say if she had spoke yet.

I would say if she recovers we're going to hear of some famous doctors, huh that makes me wonder too.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

edit on 17-1-2011 by RustyShakleford92 because: (no reason given)

What did she do for the U.S.? Um.....hello? Congresswoman.....Ring any bells? Perhaps you don't agree with her politics, but that doesn't mean she isn't taking part in the American System, and practicing what she understands as being right.... As for her story getting coverage over Soldiers deaths in Afghanistan....how is that any different than the level of coverage the Media has always given such war related news from Afghanistan in the past? They see Miss Gifford's struggle as something the average American can relate to more than soldiers dying in a far away desert, in a war most of them don't even understand completely . So whether right or wrong, they are going to emphasize the story with the most 'Human Interest' appeal. Seems like buisness as usual as far as the media is concerned.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I wish her the best of luck in recovery.
Same goes for the other victims.

Rubbing someone neck if your married to him or her is completely healthy

edit on 17-1-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhantomLimb
I just think our priorities are not in the right place.
edit on 1/17/2011 by PhantomLimb because: (no reason given)

I think our priorities are in the right place. Our soldiers, poor misguided souls, are part of a racket against humanity. Smedley Butler tired to point it out, and it has continued on every continent right up to this very second.

I love and appreciate each and every soldier for loving me enough to be willing to give their life for me. But i wish they wouldn't be so willing, as my life is not in danger.

Yes, i have mourned their loss (as any good human should, it is a life that was lost needlessly) But i am far more pleased with the survival of a woman who chose not to make a living out of killing, and did not put herself in a warzone.

When a soldier goes to battle, he is typically expected to die or be harmed. It is unfortunate. That is why we should not be making war.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by sbctinfantry

www.chron.com

"She's in the ICU. You know, gone through this traumatic injury. And she spent 10 minutes giving me a neck massage," Kelly explained in an interview with Diane Sawyer to air Tuesday on ABC. "It's so typical of her that no matter how bad the situation might be for her, you know, she's looking out for other people."

Such encounters indicate higher levels of functioning, implying that "she's recognizing him and interacting, perhaps in an old familiar way with him," said Dr. Michael Lemole.

That's very good news! It's amazing the level of functioning she's recovered and in only a week!
Vicky

new topics

top topics

join