It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Shoot Sword Wielding Man After Double Stabbing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I swear sometimes you just have to shake your head because you just can't make this stuff up!!! I guess it's a different change of pace from the regular gun related incidents that have been all over the news these days. Like some have posted before if a person wants to commit a crime they will use whatever means they have to commit it.

BUFFALO, NY - Buffalo Police say an officer shot a man carrying a samurai sword after he fatally stabbed his girlfriend and wounded her daughter inside a home on Normal Avenue. The incident occured at 478 Normal Avenue, around 1 p.m. on Monday. A police spokesperson says the man stabbed his girlfriend and her daughter and then started walking down Normal Avenue while carrying a samurai sword. When officers arrived, they demanded he drop the sword. An officer shot the suspect once after he did not drop his weapon. The shooting occured in front of 464 Normal Avenue. Police say the man and the dead woman's daughter are in critical condition. Police have not released names of those involved and are now conducting an internal investigation into the shooting, as per department standards. Two On Your Side has a crew on scene and will provide updates on wgrz.com and tonight on Channel 2 News First at Five.

www.wgrz.com...

Is it just me or has there also been an increase in "bizarre" crimes committed thruought the country in the past couple of years? I suppose as society start to break down we will see an up-tick in every community.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Isn't this like the third or fourth sword wielding samurai wantabe to be killed by police in the last year? Someone call Spiderman or Batman it seems we have an organized ninja gang attacking society.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

This sounds a lot like a story i heard on america's most wanted a few months back. It's like some people are obsessed with the ideas and just should not own any weapons of THAT variety.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaynkeel
Is it just me or has there also been an increase in "bizarre" crimes committed thruought the country in the past couple of years? I suppose as society start to break down we will see an up-tick in every community.

...could be copy-cat syndrome... it was just a month or so ago that an actor killed his mother with a sword...

...as the general population increases, so does the population of mentally unstable people... so, i dont see this strictly as society breaking down but just part of the equation...

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Golithion

I believe you might be right as I have also heard of a few others as well.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Its a tragic event that occoured there. The unusual thing for me is the name of the road they found him on.

Normal Avenue

edit on 17-1-2011 by JohnieG because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by gougitousakusha

A sword in the right hands is without a doubt a very powerful weapon. Check this video out.

edit on 17-1-2011 by jaynkeel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Should have committed seppuku instead.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Sick people everywhere, and the media pushes rubbish down peoples throughts.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnieG

Good eyes, I was waiting to see how long before someone noticed the name!!! Thats why I said you just can't make this stuff up.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

Now you have me thinking who that was??? I will have to look it up as I seem to remember it also.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaynkeel
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

Now you have me thinking who that was??? I will have to look it up as I seem to remember it also.

...gosh, i dont remember his name... nice looking kid, like thats gonna help, lol... there were a few threads about him - a lot of indictment of masons too...

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

I swear it wasn't me...I am still here obviously...lol!!!!
No more sword talk from me.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Ahh... Was it you or your Alien hybrid twin that was responsible? Lmao.....Thats it no more sharp objects for you, from here on out it's butterknifes only. Plastic none the less

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

According to the New York Department of Corrections, Castro was sentenced to five years in prison in 2001 for attempted murder, stemming from another incident in which he stabbed a female victim.

Seems to also be a lot of this repeating itself as well. Makes one wonder if the current victim knew of this and ever thought to herself if she would ever be a victim? Because if she knew what kind of violence this man has done in the past yet stayed with him anyway, thats disturbing in my opinion, especially since she had a daughter that was injured as a result of being with this man.

Police say the man and the dead woman's daughter are in critical condition at ECMC.

Sometimes the news is so eloquent on their wording aren't they?

top topics

join