It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blair came close to stepping down: BBC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 05:22 AM
link   
British Prime Minister Tony Blair came close to resigning last month and four senior ministers from his cabinet intervened to persuade him not to do so, the BBC has reported.

The BBC named the four cabinet officials as Charles Clarke, John Reid, Tessa Jowell and Patricia Hewitt, respectively in charge of education, health, culture and trade and industry.
news.bbc.co.uk...
www.abc.net.au...

I wonder if W had a word with him like...NOOOOO Pleeeeeeeeese
Sanc'.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I, for one, am glad that he didn't step down.

It's going to be so much more satisfying when he gets booted out into the street come the next general election. All hail Prime Minister Kennedy!

Interestingly, I wonder which four members of the cabinet will also be out when Gordon Brown takes charge? Hmmmm... Clarke, Reid, Jowell and Hewitt, p'raps? With Cook and Short already languishing in the political wilderness, all we have to do now is get rid of Adolf Blunkett, and the world will be a brighter place.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Mr Blair had come through "something of a long night of the soul about whether to carry on" but was now "in steely mood".

He got another dose of the same soul suppressant that makes Condi Rice look like she's been cornered by a bear?

Oh yeah, I see it.

Once the rigor takes hold, they all slowly turn into Cheney, Dark Prince of the Grimmace. That's how the assimilation works. The smile alone rendors the bearer impervious to all criticism or investigation. It's the by product of having your conscious removed.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 09:14 AM
link   
At least this demonstrates he has a conscience. It seems he was willing to step up and take responsibility for a systematic failure in his countries policy.

Trust me in America this will never happen. I have not seen our leader show one bit of remorse or compassion regarding anything to do with the Iraq war. There are times when it appears he might do so in press conference when discussing or dancing around the US troop deaths but then he just gets angry instead.

With that said I believe it is better for these guys to stay in office and face their �bosses� in the general elections. We will decide if they keep their jobs or not, no one else

top topics

join