It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TERRORISM: Militants Bomb Alcohol Shops in Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Now they've gone too far. Muslim terrorist have attacked five vital coalition bodily-fluid replacement commands (i.e. liquor stores). No report yet on number of pints, and litres lost in this barbaric attack. Oh yeah, a (undoubtedly thirsty) taxi driver was also killed.

www.reuters.com
Masked militants bombed five shops selling alcohol in a town northeast of Baghdad on Saturday, killing an Iraqi taxi driver who was passing by, police sources and witnesses said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Islam does not condone the use of alcohol. Accordingly, Islamic terrorist have not taken kindly to the local liquor store.

First Iran blames the US and UK for their drug problem, then they ban the bong Iran Bans the Bong, now this.

Is there no limit to the number of sober nights and lucid days these terrorists can set off? But who really is behind these spirited attacks in Iraq? Who stands to gain the most from decreased Iraqi alcohol in the markets?

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Iran blames flow of drugs on Britain, U.S.

[edit on 10-7-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 05:33 AM
link   
A news report (below) details how, under the new Iraqi government, liquor stores have been attacked by RPG wielding, teetotaling, terrorists. One owner is considering going into a safer line of work; he heard about a coalition translator position that had just opened up.

However, most Iraqis blame the local Shi'a groups, like the Supreme Council of the Islamic Revolution in Iraq or SCIRI, for the attacks on Iraq's natural alcohol resources.

However, Ahmed Ali al-Khafji, a senior SCIRI official, has condemned these attacks as an attack on the very future (albeit inebriated) of Iraq.

On the other hand, he does go on to say "when we want people to do something, first of all, we preach to them. And as [far as] I know, there has been no fatwa about doing such things [like attacking liquor stores]."

I'll drink to that.

Liquor Store Attacks May Underscore Rising Islamic Concerns

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Why the hell would they bomb liqour stores?

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   

AD5673
Why the hell would they bomb liqour stores?

Alcohol is prohibited by Islam.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I am a former alcoholic and don't condone the use of alcohol in any way. I always want to and the key word is always. Thats why I don't condone it. It is addictive and destructive to peoples lives legal or not.

Do I think it is right to go and blow up a shop and put peoples lives in danger for my beliefs? Nope. But I don't blame them for not wanting it there. And soldiers on a combat deployment can't drink anyways. In kuwait before the war soldiers that deploy over there resort to making their own booze. They take oranges from the mess hall and cut them open and stuff them with a slice or 2 of bread then put them in a cool dry place. A week or so later, free booze. Oh well. No telling how many teens will try this now. But I am warning you the results are not tasty.

top topics

join