It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tunisia Riots - Start of something bigger?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
As posted on the BBC news: Link

The idea of possibly that the dissidence of the civilians will spread to other opressed Arab countries sparking more riots and overthrows. To me it seems not a certainty but very much a possibility. It could cause some uncertain times in the Middle East and make for some very edgy political leaders in the region. Obviously this could affect people all over the world is tension were to rise or reech any critical levels, though I feel it is needed in some of these areas for the people to realise they do not have to live under these regimes.

On another note, if attributing this to WikiLeaks like in the other thread, it would go to say that WikiLeaks has more successfully overthrown a corrupt leader than the invading forces to Iraq did in all their time there. The populace is showing it is a greater force for change than the militaries trying to create political change.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I did notice that President Obama was quick to laud the demonstrators for ousting their former President. I wonder how he would react to such a violent uprising in the U.S. ?

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by daddyroo45

Microwave active denial systems, water cannons and gas.

If that failed, assault helicopters and tanks.

What else are political leaders going to do when citizens of other nations depose thier governments?

Support the corrupt leader's that were ousted?

He has no choice but to be supportive publically, in private emergency meetings are probably being held, if for no other reason then to strategize on how to bring the status quo back when things cool.

People are starting a act.

It will spread, and they know it.

This is why he met in France to establish an agreement on how to deal with food riots. Public outrage over countlees recent events has reached a point where flashover can occur over almost anything.

Being hungry is a guarentee though.
edit on 15-1-2011 by [davinci] because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Okandetre

Murdoch's SLY News here in the UKhave been in overdrive on this and using words as in your post designed to give citizens in other Arab Nations a belief they can make change by violence,

Totally disgusting, firstly this discourse has been raging for four weeks in Tunisia! why is the MSM on just reporting it, secondly I belive this is an Intelligence led operations and now they are looking to push it through to the next if not using it as a veiled threat to stay onboard,

Why won't these B@STARDS leave us all alone to live in peace, I'm thinking David Icke is right are they are Reptilian blood suckers living of our fear generated by them to survive,,,, why else would such a few want to control, dominate and leech of so many....

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
This was covered extensively in my thread Here.

I do believe that this is the beginning of something big rumbling across the Arab and Berber world. Will it lead to revolutions? We have to wait and see but for the moment tensions are high across this region as other nations are ready to stand in public solidarity with their Tunisian friends.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Sorry for the duplications from the other thread, I had been reading some of the others on Tunisia, didn't see the area as a whole one! I wouldn't advocate that all these peoples of the nations take up arms against their respective governments but I do feel they should be out in protest if they feel they are being ruled unfairly. Though I doubt it will happen without violence as usual.

new topics

top topics

join