It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

200 Dead Cows Found In Wisconsin Field

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

200 Dead Cows Found In Wisconsin Field

minnesota.cbslocal.com

TOWN OF STOCKTON, Wis. (AP) — An investigation is under way after 200 dead cows were found in a field in the Town of Stockton.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
200 Dead cows, I wonder if it has anything to do with the mass bird and fish deaths, I also heard some chatter here locally that the virus which was referenced could not have killed that many cows that fast it will be interesting to see what develops. I always wondered if all these animal deaths were due to a virus test run.

minnesota.cbslocal.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by iamgodtron

Search function is a very handy tool to use! This is the third thread on this subject today.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Wow, now cows?

If it's a virus hopefully it's not mutating and jumping species. Remember to take whatever the media has to say about this with a grain of salt. You never know who to believe anymore.

Thanks for the post!
Take care.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
What is all this leading to......... Will we start dropping next

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Wondering if there was any indication of how long the cows had been dead. If no one had seen them for days, they could have had a virus and died a few at a time - otherwise if they all died at once I would connect it to what ever is going on with the birds and fish.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

I am sorry dude but Vitchilo beat you to the punch.....(like he does with everybody
)

200 cows found dead in a field,

Peace

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

Ya I seen that......SNAP!!! After I posted mine I seen he did it 2 minutes prior. I think i need a few practice runs of the ATS search bar....Sorry about that!

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Sick Cows do not all die on the same night.. Anybody with 200 cows knows how to take care of them it not a easy task. I just hope its not a insurance scam. But I doubt that it is. Every rancher i know will do anything to help is stock. This is weird real weird.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I am just curious as i do not have pets any more but does anyone see anything strange with their pets at home.
I also wonder if it makes any sense trying to find out if the domestic pets have acted strange around the areas of these mass deaths prior to the kill offs?
just a thought

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Naah, just realized that Vitchilo posted his in the "fragile earth" forum and you posted yours in the "breaking news" forum, so it's legit. Both can remain running according to the T&C.....

On topic, after looking at that field on Google maps, I am pretty sure those cows could not have been laying there for long but that raises the question of how on earth 200 cows can drop dead simultaneously. And judging by the size of those fields, you can't explain it away by saying that it was probably a very large herd and only a small percentage died....

Peace

edit on 15-1-2011 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Infectious bovine rhinotracheitis is the word on the street... let's hope that it can be contained if it is, or the good people of Wisconsin are in a world of bother.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by rancher1
Sick Cows do not all die on the same night.. Anybody with 200 cows knows how to take care of them it not a easy task. I just hope its not a insurance scam. But I doubt that it is. Every rancher i know will do anything to help is stock. This is weird real weird.

Thats right.
They get a check almost every day, by those milk machines.
The machine knows, when to put more minerals in, or even less food.
It checks the milk quality and all.

I assume every farmer has such an advanced milking machine by now, cause they are on the market for more then a decade.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TedStevensLives

May I ask what you mean by the word on the street?

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Wow...interesting. My apologies in advance if this has already been done (I haven't checked all the responses to these mass die off threads) but has any one gone back researched to see how "frequent" these deaths are? It seems that after the report which introduced the notion that these things are common these reports stopped.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I can tell you right now if my neighbor lost 200 cows the whole town would be at his ranch finding out what the Hell is going on. Man that's 200 hundred grand, + momma cows and bred back heifers. If a bear Kills a calf we know about it. Ranchers know every inch of there land, and they take this so seriously most people would have no understanding of what pride it takes to pasture and take care of 200 cows this is huge, I know cows there is not one sickness I know about that would do this in this time frame..

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

there was something about trees being cut down here in england because of a deadly disease that was airborne and then nothing! seems everybody is all caught up on money making and politics, can't blame them its how it is, i think something # heavy is coming however it might be the olympics! i sense a rumbling and it aint a #ing bassline haha shouldnt worry it will be quick i imagine whatever it is haha forgive me if i sound like i'm taking the piss i aint!

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy

May I ask what you mean by the word on the street?

Sorry about that...

According to the Portage County Sheriff's Department, the owner of the cattle has been working with a local vet and it's believed the animals died from the IBR/BVD virus. The virus can cause respitory and reproductive problems.

Source: WSAW.com

Since they were so quick so come up with IBR, I'm assuming they either saw physical characteristics on the carcasses or the farmer had recently run out of Bovi-Shield. Not that I'm saying this is definitely the cause, mind you; this is not exactly my area of expertise.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Thank you for the link! I still have questions such as how long had the cows been dead? Does a whole herd die at once or very close together with bovine disease? Anyone?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join