It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spring Valley man: Cops targeted wrong address, rousted my family

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

A village resident said that police conducting drug raids early this morning targeted the wrong house where they roused his family out bed, pointed a machine gun at his 13-year-old daughter and threatened to shoot their poodle.

Yet another case of police targeting the "wrong address" and traumatizing civilians. One would think that eventually the police would learn from these mistakes and at least double check the address on a place. I guess not. This family is fortunate that the cops did not shoot anyone this time.

The girl suffered a stress induced asthma attack during the ordeal though. Asthma attacks can be fatal.

There was a similar case a few weeks ago in Indiana. This is getting more and more common it seems.

www.lohud.com...

edit on 1/15/2011 by Jessicamsa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Jessicamsa

Could a lawyer or someone with some legal expertise tell me how these people couldn't sew the crap and file criminal charges against them? This is out of control.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by 11PB11

www.foxnews.com...

We don't know all the facts about this yet, I'm not sure what the Cop did but something went bad real fast. unfortunately It looks like some people our administering there own form of twisted justice. There is already a huge bounty on the perpetrator of this murder. Think they will bring this guy in alive ?

If you ever wonder why Cops are so cautious here is the reason. Man it must be hard to be a Cop.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by rancher1
reply to post by 11PB11

www.foxnews.com...

We don't know all the facts about this yet, I'm not sure what the Cop did but something went bad real fast. unfortunately It looks like some people our administering there own form of twisted justice. There is already a huge bounty on the perpetrator of this murder. Think they will bring this guy in alive ?

If you ever wonder why Cops are so cautious here is the reason. Man it must be hard to be a Cop.

Tragic though this story is...I don't see how it relates to the OP in any way. The OP is about the police raiding the wrong address and behaving like thugs.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Police raiding the wrong address is nothing new, but it does end in tragedy sometimes.There was a situation that happened in Atlanta in 2006 in which police raided the house of a 92 year old grandmother that ended with her death and 3 officers injured. There was a big problem with this raid, because they made false statements to a judge to obtain a no knock warrant. In fact this was not just a one time problem with this narcotics team.

Three Atlanta Police Officers Charged in Fatal Shooting of Elderly Atlanta Woman Two Officers Plead Guilty to State and Federal Charges

ATLANTA - Two Atlanta Police Department (APD) officers pleaded guilty today to state and federal charges related to the fatal police shooting of Kathryn Johnston, a 92-year-old woman, in her Atlanta home during the execution of a search warrant in November 2006. A third officer was indicted yesterday by a Fulton County grand jury on charges related to the death of Ms. Johnston. The pleas and indictment are the result of a joint investigation conducted by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and the Georgia Bureau of Investigation, and overseen by the Fulton County District Attorney’s Office, the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Northern District of Georgia, and the Justice Department’s Civil Rights Division.

Officer Gregg Junnier, of Woodstock, Ga., and Officer Jason R. Smith, of Oxford, Ga., pleaded guilty in state court to voluntary manslaughter, violation of oath by a public officer, criminal solicitation and false statements, and in federal court to a civil rights conspiracy violation that resulted in the death of Ms. Johnston. Smith also pleaded guilty in state court to one count of perjury.

The third officer, Arthur Tesler, of Acworth, Ga., was indicted on state charges of false statements, violation of oath of office by a public officer, and false imprisonment

www.justice.gov...

This just shows that certain law enforcement officers will do and say just about anything to obtain search warrants. This eventually led to the DA's office having to re evaluate drug cases that this narcotics team was involved with.I think that there is a serious problem with police and what some will do or say just to get that warrant.Not long after this the Atlanta PD chief had disbanded the whole narcotics unit. So there are similar stories and cases of this happening almost everywhere and that is truly disturbing.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Jessicamsa

Here are a few more stories on this of police raiding the wrong houses.

Here is one from 2003..

www.drugwar.com...

here is a good one...

www.11alive.com...

and one more...

abcnews.go.com...

This is just a few, because we could be here all day looking at these types of stories.

new topics

top topics

join