It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

JARED LEE LOUGHNER: Where do we go from here?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
While discussing the shooting in Arizona with some friends, one of them mentioned that we should execute him as soon as possible. Initially I disagreed with him and still do to some degree (mostly out of principle). I believe in due process and the right to a quick and fair trial with proper representation but the more I think about it, the more I find myself siding with him. Some of the strongest arguments I can initially think of include:

1 - There may be a(n) accomplice(s)

2 - He's obviously crazy

3 - Questions remain in terms of preperation, motive, and awareness

4 - Mysterious details surfacing

This thead is open to any discussion on the topic of Jared Loughner and the arguments listed above. I have been extremely interested in the other threads discussing any hidden meaning in his description of a bird and his youtube videos so any discussion on those topics is encouraged. I believe there is much more to this story, especially considering the connections he has to his target. In terms of his punishment, the death penalty may seem harsh, but he is clearly guilty and it costs roughly $42,000 of taxpayer money per year to keep one man in federal prison. Is it worth it? Especially considering how horrific the shooting was?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Also, in terms of his sanity:

Another ATS member (it was on the thread discussing his myspace post but I can't find the username. Speak up if its u or know who first noted it and the credit is all yours. I just thought it was a great point) pointed out that while his writing was strange, it followed "Carroll's Paradox" www.mathacademy.com... which shows that he has the ability to reason (it is somewhat hindered). Also the notes found that had "my assasination" and "I planned ahead" written on them don't really help his case. Kinda screws up any insanity plea he might hope to make. The law states that the insanity plea only works if you are able to prove that you are mentally handicapped/damaged/whatever to the point that you were completely unaware that you were committing the acts at the time or don't realize that what you are doing is wrong

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MaOtCtKiIcNuGsBIRD

I would like to think that anyone that could kill six poeple and still smile in court MUST be mentally ill or damaged

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
What if his lawyer can prove he was brainwashed? I don't think there is any legal precedent. Maybe there is.

Just a thought on some of the reports on his lucid dreaming. It is said that when one becomes too involved in lucid dreaming that the dream reality replaces the actual reality. They say that is when someone has "gone off the edge."
In the Old World, the Earth was flat, and to sail too far would cause one to go off the edge. Once someone actually pushed the limit, the reality was no longer a flat world and there never was an edge to go off.

So, I think Jared lives in his own created reality now. Sure he'll slip back into ours now and then, but that will be like a dream to him. He will most likely, at best be incarcerated the rest of his life, where he will have more time to spend in his new reality.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
This person who goes on and kills 6 people including a innocent little girl just to kill its target has something wrong with them He is really sickening I really hope he is put in jail for life Another 6 human life's taken away because of this act.All innocent people too!

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by stonergeek

Brainwashing would be hard to prove in court as well because you would need to show the jury WHO exactly was doing the brainwashing. There would also be speculation as to the method and purpose (was the state rep targeted or was the target not all that important to him). I encourage anyone to look at Gifford's official youtube page (linked through her website). She only has subscriptions to two other channals, one of them being Loughner's (under the username classitup10). He seems to also make note of a comet that appeared roughly 65 days ago that sparked his description of that bird.

"You shouldn't be afraid of the stars. There's a new bird on my right shoulder. The beak is two feet and lime green. The rarest bird on earth, there's no feathers, but small grey scales all over the body. It's with one large red eye with a light blue iris. The bird feet are the same as a woodpecker. This new bird and there's only one, the gender is not female or male. The wings of this bird are beautiful; 3 feet wide with the shape of a bald eagle that you could die for. If you can see this bird then you will understand. You think this bird is able to chat about a government?"

Other people observed the comet but I believe it is still undocumented. Any speculation as to what the description may mean? It reeks of symbolism but I keep getting a nagging feeling that theres a hidden message somewhere. Possibly to the alleged accomplice?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Also, creepy and probably unrelated sidenote:

In the comments section in one of his 4 threads he is trying to explain himself to another member. At the end of his rant, seperated from the rest are two lines

"I am aware of all the children yet to be born,
I am aware of the children being born now"

Im usually not that disturbed or offput when it comes to people, but I have a feeling that this is a very, very scary person to be around

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaOtCtKiIcNuGsBIRD
Im usually not that disturbed or offput when it comes to people, but I have a feeling that this is a very, very scary person to be around

For sure! When I saw Loughner's mug shot, I flashed way back to Charles Manson. Eyes. CM's writing could also be weird....except to Manson, of course.

Lock him up and throw away the key.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Well, I think he's insane. Should we execute insane people?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by StlSteve

ah thats a very good question. I don't believe that he was "criminally insane" meaning that he was completely unaware of the crime he was committing and that it was wrong, but there are def signs of mental illness. Despite this tho, knowing that he killed 6 ppl (including the 9yo) and wounded something like 14 others I just don't feel like the taxpayers should be paying the $42,000 a year it takes to keep him sustained in prison. Its not like we would be sentencing a 40-50 year old to life where itd only be something like 20-30 years, but this kid is only 22. That means he would potentially be in prison for another 60 years or so. Thats quite the bill. He is an extremely dangerous individual and assuming its the mental illness that "made" him do this then we are currently prosecuting his mental illness anyway. If he weren't insane then he wouldn't have killed those ppl in the first place so Im not sure how far his defense will go in court. I just keep thinking of that poor little girl. Sometimes i feel like it should be handled the old fashoned way and let her father have some alone time with him. Then ppl who have little to nothing to do with this won't need to decide whether he lives or dies

top topics

join