It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My 1st Post, a song I made after my Army experience; THE MESSENGER

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Dear friends...

As I said in the title, this is my first post, I've only been here a short time, but am thorougly enjoying the community. I'm a West Point graduate, served as a helicopter pilot in the Army (82d Airborne), honorably discharged disabled veteran. Anyway, this is a song about an experience I once had, I truly hope it's enjoyed and that it's helpful in whatever way possible. Peace...

www.youtube.com...

edit on 13-1-2011 by robinmorningstar because: First post, screwing up the attachment. I'll get it right in a sec...

edit on 13-1-2011 by robinmorningstar because: Still trying...lol. Learning as fast as I can...

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Dude, this is awesome S+F!

edit:seriously,seriously awesome!

edit on 13/1/11 by lektrofellon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by lektrofellon

Thanks, my friend. First post and all, you're kind words are really very much appreciated. Just what I needed, in fact. Peace...

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by robinmorningstar

First off, thank you for your service and sacrifice on our behalf. Secondly, I love the power behind this song, truth stings and you sung your truth well! I love your voice, the lyrics were powerful and from the tortured soul, and the video was well made. I thank you for sharing this and am greatful to find it!

I would love to perform this at our local Opry. I live outside Ft. Hood and feel this song would touch the hearts of our local vets and serving members alike. Would you do me the honor of giving me permission?

God bless you, brother musician. If I don't see you here, I look forward to meeting you on the flipside!

S & F

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by staciebee

I would love to perform this at our local Opry. I live outside Ft. Hood and feel this song would touch the hearts of our local vets and serving members alike. Would you do me the honor of giving me permission?

Stacie...

Absolutely you may! It would be a great honor for me if you did, and I offer it to you for unrestricted not-for-profit use. I've never thought of myself as 'the songwriter', but rather the one who is trying like hell to get out of the way of the true songwriter whom I serve, so in this outlook, it's not really mine anyway, more like a gift given to me, and the best gifts are the ones that are shared. Peace to you...

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Yeah man,i really love that intro,the guitar sounds beautifull,have you written any other songs? if so get em on this thread, if not, get writing,you obviously got a lot of talent,keep up the good work bro!
Peace out!

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
OP

That brought me back to a place in time when I experienced sheer panic every single time the phone would ring, or the doorbell would ring. As the wife of a retired Army veteran, I could have been one who received this message. My heart goes out to those who have lost a loved one and also to the soldiers who have to deliver this devastating message.

I takes a lot for me to shed tears, but that did it. You have a beautiful way of expressing yourself.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
That was really well-done and impressive.

You've got a lot of talent; vocals, music, and writing.

The music and your voice reminds me of Bowie's "Space Oddity"

Thank you for your service - all that you went, and continue to go, through. Your song captured it beautifully.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Wow! I feel the exact same way, even though I do call myself a Christian singer/songwriter, I always tell people who gave me the songs I sing! Thank you for the allowance and you may do the same with any of mine if you so desire.

Many blessings, brother!

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

And about the not for profits....no worries there!! LOL. I have yet to do a paying gig...even though at times, I think a payment would help (husband's unemployed). Thing is, God always has a way of blessing me and helping us makie it through another week/month!

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
...wow!... you're very talented... that was fantastic...

new topics

top topics

join