It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A review...."The Kings Speech"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
What a wonderful, future classic piece of cinema art. Everything about this film was incredible. A Very adult period piece that shows a time in history, subject matter and characters that I had no exposure to what so ever. I will probably buy the DVD for my collection and I only buy 2 or 3 a year.
Fans of Film...don't miss this one!!

edit on 12-1-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
What a wonderful, future classic piece of cinema art. Everything about this film was incredible. A Very adult period piece that shows a time in history, subject matter and characters that I had no exposure to what so ever. I will probably buy the DVD for my collection and I only buy 2 or 3 a year.
Fans of Film...don't miss this one!!

edit on 12-1-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

I thought it was great. It was interesting to see the historical context of the movie more than anything. If it hadnt been for Mrs Simpson forcing Richard to abdicate, history as we know it may have been vey different.

The acting was great, should definitely get a few Oscars, leading role and supporting actor for sure.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
To be honest, it's usually cheaper for me to buy the DVD than for the wife and I to go out to a movie, these days...so I end up buying a lot and not going to the movies as often. I did like the previews for this one though...but not one the wife would be into. Still, I'll pick it up once it hits DVD, and usually pre-viewed, for under $10.

I did just pay full DVD price for "Machete" though...have to see that...I still remember when it was a fake trailer in Grind House...hehe...

join