It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Krakatau Erupting! Can anyone confirm

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Krakatau Volcano, Indonesia
Eruptions from Krakatau volcano, Indonesia have forced the evacuation of tens of thousands residents. Seven districts affected are Kalianda, Rajabasa, Katibung, Sidomulyo, Ketapang, Sragi and Palas
Got this info from RSOE-EDIS can anyone else confirmLink Here

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by alchemist2012

Tuesday 11th January 2011
Eruptions from Krakatau volcano, Indonesia have forced the evacuation of tens of thousands residents. Seven districts affected are Kalianda, Rajabasa, Katibung, Sidomulyo, Ketapang, Sragi and Palas. On Monday ash from Anak Krakatau continued to cover residential areas in parts of Banten province and South Lampung. Visual observations showed ash emissions reaching a height of 600 m and drifting east. Ashfall has affected the operation of seismometers on the volcano. Fisherman and tourists are advised to stay at least 2 km from the volcano.

This from volcano live

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Just had a look at the global RSOE Map nothing has shown up yet and they are pretty quick at putting the info up on the map. but i'll keep checking

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I'm digging in for info myself

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Found this:

www.thejakartapost.com...

Looks like something is going on - will continue to search

Eruption in December

edit on 11-1-2011 by StarTraveller because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Indonesia volcano prompts evacuation plan but coffee ok

Indonesian authorities have made plans to evacuate tens of thousands of residents from Lampung on southern Sumatra if a rumbling volcano gets worse, but officials saw little impact on production in the coffee-rich area

Indonesia's volcanology agency said the volcano was erupting intensively but posed no immediate danger.

"The impact on coffee production is likely minimum

edit on 1/11/11 by makeitso because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Well at least "the impact on coffee production is likely minimum". I can now go make myself a fresh pot without worrying too much about it.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by tamusan

Well at least "the impact on coffee production is likely minimum". I can now go make myself a fresh pot without worrying too much about it.

Yes, yes. Thank god the coffee is ok.

Anyway, to clarify, it looks like its not Krakatau, but its smaller child Anak Krakatau?
edit on 1/11/11 by makeitso because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by makeitso

I think it goes this way: Krakatau disappeared when it blew big time, and Anak Krakatau has risen in it's place.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Volcano News - John Seach
January 2011

Monitoring worldwide volcanic activity
11 years on the internet - 2000-2011

Reports are posted in Eastern Australian Time (UT +10 hr).
Archived Volcano News
Twitter @johnseach
RSS

Tuesday 11th January 2011
Eruptions from Krakatau volcano, Indonesia have forced the evacuation of tens of thousands residents. Seven districts affected are Kalianda, Rajabasa, Katibung, Sidomulyo, Ketapang, Sragi and Palas. On Monday ash from Anak Krakatau continued to cover residential areas in parts of Banten province and South Lampung. Visual observations showed ash emissions reaching a height of 600 m and drifting east. Ashfall has affected the operation of seismometers on the volcano. Fisherman and tourists are advised to stay at least 2 km from the volcano.

Source

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I am willing to say this is not "the" definative site, but they are usually on top of any eruptions and there is nothing on there. www.volcano.si.edu...

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
There's a bit of a discussion going on in the comments at the Eruptions blog about whether or not the situation at Krakatau is any more dangerous than it has been since the 1920s. Apparently evacuations are due to risk of tsunami.

bigthink.com...

new topics

top topics

join