It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toowoomba and Lockyer Valley flash floods claim at least four lives, leave up to 50 missing.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Toowoomba and Lockyer Valley flash floods claim at least four lives, leave up to 50 missing.

www.couriermail.com.au

AT least four people are confirmed dead, including two children, and up to 50 are missing after a massive wall of water carved a trail of devastation through Toowoomba and into the Lockyer Valley yesterday
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.courier mail.com.au
www.couriermail.com.au
www.news.com.au

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Flash flood wreaks havoc through Toowoomba Video

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I know I have a thread going in fragile earth, but this has just updated at 12AM on Brisbane's news website that it is now feared that after todays massive flash flood, up to another 50 people are missing. I can't help but think in the days to come the number of people is going to rise, whole suburbs were swept away without warning, cars on the roads, it's school holidays here at the moment, so there are a lot of children out playing, hopefully no more then the 3 already confirmed dead will be children.

I know it's cliche, but when it hits your town it really really hurts more than just reading about it on MSM paper/sites or on ATS here. I have such a heavy heart tonight knowing that I might have some family and friends who have already lost their homes tonight.

www.couriermail.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I hope when I wake up tomorrow morning and turn on ABC24 there have been no more deaths.

I think were in for a long summer down here in the land down under.

join