It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NWO: NEW Gun Control Bill

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Crap like this is why I have such an issue with Congress and the Government in general; they used the same methods to pass the Patriot act in the wake of 9/11, and now they will use the deaths in Arizona as political capital to shove through more legislation before funerals have even wrapped up. While I hope the fact that control of congress is currently split would prevent such hastily constructed and poorly designed legislation from landing on Obama's desk for signing there is always a good chance that the congress critters will cut deals and make it happen despite the fact.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
before you ban guns, ban the internet, call of duty, gangsta rap, white supremacy music, the media and every other form of manipulation that is used to bring out violent impulses.

if there wasn't guns, people who have gone of the deep end would just use swords, knives, bows and arrows and explosives to cause chaos and murder. look at jack the ripper, he used surgical equipment.

true that guns are efficient for their purpose, but is not guns that are the problem, its the person.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

reply to post by WTFover

How many of those 300 million Americans are currently taking some sort of perscription medication for depression, anixiety related issues, etc?

You're not really considering the overall effect this sort of vitrol has on the overall mental health of our country.

Of course it's an agenda. Anyone who knows anything about NWO Theory knows this.

It's how we RESPOND to said Agenda that determines how these matters will proceed in the future.

We have to transcend the influence of the social conditioning we are ALL being swamped with, or we are doing nothing more than validating the anti-american stereotype of a bunch of ill-conceived, materialistic, gun worshipping, competitive and violent irrational individuals.

I think more highly of America than that - and of the American people - but I'm also all too aware of how good decent folks can get caught up in a wave of insidious propaganda and lose sight of True Vision.

Human Psychology, Human History.

Regurgitating the same problems and outdated modes of "business as usual" are exactly what is spiraling so much of our country into the proverbial toilet.

I guarantee hunters will still be allowed firearms to provide for their family...this is more about handguns anyway designed for power trips that fit in the palm of your hand - a quick convienence....the "fast food" of firearms - at least when you're brandishing a high visibility rifle, you can let that person know they better damn well back off before they get too close to mandate an actual self defense shot.

But what know I of effective revolutionary tactics? I'm just some dumb ill-perceived authority figure.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
This is so simple it's stupid

There are two groups of people:

1. people that own and carry guns legally, they follow the laws, and never commit a gun related crime

2. people that own and carry guns illegally, they follow some laws or not based on personal views or convience, are committing a crime just owning a illegal gun, and may or may not commit a gun related crime

WHICH GROUP DO YOU THINK GUN LAWS ARE GOING TO AFFECT

I'LL ANSWER THAT CORRECTLY FOR YOU GROUP 1. LAW ABIDING CITIZENS

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by GENERAL EYES
How many of those 300 million Americans are currently taking some sort of perscription medication for depression, anixiety related issues, etc? ...

Ahhh! Now there, my friend, is a great topic to add to this discussion. I hope the OP doesn't feel this is an attempt to derail, as I believe it could go a long way to discrediting both Ms. McCarthy and Mr. Brady. Though we have seen no evidence to support their claims, there is a substantial amount on a correlation between psychotropics and violence.

www.antidepressantsfacts.com... is an investigation into "School Shootings Linked to Psychotropic Drugs Such as Prozac, Ritalin, Luvox, and Paxil", including an AMA report on a 50% increase in Prozac prescriptions to pre-schoolers, in 2000.

I would be very curious about what level of psychiatric care the shooter has received, if he was prescribed any psychotropics and, if so, when? (I did read in an ATS thread, that LE had reported he was receiving mental health care)

As a side note... I refuse to acknowledge the shooter by name and give him any satisfaction of the appearance of fame. In case anyone was wondering.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by WTFover

Agreed - (not to further derail, but I feel it's a valid point in the greater issue)...I've actually met several people who are perscribed psychotropic medication who have reported such side effects as waking up while driving down the road at 15 miles per hour with no recollection of how they got there!

If such medication can allow this to happen - putting a person on proverbial auto-pilot, so to speak - who is to say that someone having an adverse reaction to something designed to control their delusions couldn't just sleepwalk their way through any number of events?

edit on 1/10/11 by GENERAL EYES because: ...blarg.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
It was exactly the way its happening in the US , as it happened in the UK.
There was a couple of massacres due to people with mental issues having guns and now the whole of the UK cannot have guns except for the the police and military. Unless you count shotguns and the odd rifle club ( which you have to jump through hoops to get), all other types such as handguns ( unless they were made before 1911 and what good will they be?) are banned.
All it takes is a couple of actions by those who are disturbed to screw it up for anyone else.
The powers that be LOVE a good massacre and when they're not causing them abroad will use them to their own advantage to strip the populace of means to defend themselves from the authorities.
Taking the guns out of the hands ONLY put them in the hands of the criminals and gun crime has soared here in the UK so there's no way that can be used as an excuse by Government.
IF the US lose their guns then expect not only riots but also more shootings of government officials or failing that expect a few more 'homegrown' terrorists to take a few more congressmen and senators out before the decades out.
Trouble is though is that where theres a vacuum there's ALWAYS a piece of **it to fill the hole.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helig
Crap like this is why I have such an issue with Congress and the Government in general; they used the same methods to pass the Patriot act in the wake of 9/11, and now they will use the deaths in Arizona as political capital to shove through more legislation before funerals have even wrapped up. While I hope the fact that control of congress is currently split would prevent such hastily constructed and poorly designed legislation from landing on Obama's desk for signing there is always a good chance that the congress critters will cut deals and make it happen despite the fact.

Well here it is right here, I haven't found details of the new bill yet, but here's the pattern of gun control acts through out recent history. Every time some loon shoots a gun, they enact new legislation.
www.infoplease.com...

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I am all for the 2nd Amendment and i would think that congress would be able to spin up a reliable method to maintain gun control without giving law abiding citizens the shaft.

and I totally agree with some of the posts ahead about individual punishment - government shouldnt be punishing the public for an individual act, it only makes things worse for everyone. instead we should bring back capital punishment or perhaps other methods of punishment that benefit society rather than tie their hands behind their back.

Im 24 years old and i own a handgun, i carry it through walmart, through the mall, through mcdonalds, anywhere i go where it is legal to possess it. Now since i live in Texas i have to keep it concealed and have my license on me but its whatever, thats why i got the license from "Front Site" - google them... i attended their 4 day handgun course and i would recommend it to anyone else looking for training or good practices/techniques.

just thought id throw my two-sense in there.
As for my neighbor who does not agree with private gun ownership, I guess i wont be willing to use my gun to protect him and his house in the event of burglary since the act of using (let alone the fact i own the gun) is in deliberate defiance of his beliefs and moral standards.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by GENERAL EYES

I doubt this kid ever went to sarah palins site. He's a nutter, plain and simple.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join