It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange phobias

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Not heard about this maury show in Denmark, but found some on youtube.. O M G if these people got phobias when going in to that show.. they surely is going to be insane after the show, he makes fun of their phobias and put it in their face.

Afraid of Cotton Balls, Frogs, and JELL-O?

MAURY SHOW - MAN IS AFRAID OF PEACHES

Maury Povich - Mustard and Bird Phobias!

Woman has fear of Balloons

maury - pickle phobia

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
ROTFLMAO! These phobias are hilarious. I can't even imagine being afraid of cotton and peaches. It just seems impossible to be afraid of such ordinary, harmless objects, but somehow they're afraid.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I saw an episode once where a woman was afraid of green olives... she said they reminded her of her dead grandfather's eyes.

I would say that I have mild heliophobia & motorphobia (the sun & cars), but I don't think they are irrational. The sun hurts my skin/eyes more so than the average person & cars are freaking deadly yo!

Anyone else have strange phobias?

edit on 8-1-2011 by PinkAndBlack because: HERP-A-DERP-A

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by PinkAndBlack

No. There's just certain things that I hate, but I wouldn't scream and run away in fear.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I just avoid direct sunlight whenever possible & I can't go outside on a clear day without my shades. I'll take the bus if need be, but I usually ride a bike or walk. Thankfully I'm not crippled by my fears like these people though.
edit on 8-1-2011 by PinkAndBlack because: DERPA?

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
i have a phobia of cars, but hell, they can actually kill you. these are just odd

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
i have a phobia of dark deep unclear water, and of flying

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I want to throw a peach at that guy
I'm sorry, but ???!

I can understand phobias of things that can kill you, like the possibility of falling from great heights, or drowning, or creepy things like spiders, but even a picture of a peach? I think if I was him, I would be trying hard to get over that.

My phobia is spiders, but not that bad, it won't send me screaming out of the room or anything, and once when my son was only about 8, there was the biggest spider I had ever seen in the house, and as creeped out as I was, I was a mom first, and had to kill it to protect my son. It was easily the size of my hand. It was too big for the vacuum nozzle, I had to crush it with a long stick. Shivering now just thinking of that, and it was years ago.

What would that guy do, if a peach was too close to one of his children? I hope he would man up and conquer that peach!

Those other things are very strange phobias too, but a large man afraid of peaches is going to have a very hard time in life, and in relationships.

I have to wonder how much of some strange phobias like these are to get attention. Cotton balls? Pickles?
Maybe I'm just insensitive, or downright mean, but I'd want to chase these people around with these things too....

top topics

join