It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The young and the riskless shun the market

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
CNN

Today only 34% of people under age 35 say they're willing to take substantial or above-average risks in their portfolios, down from 48% in 2005, according to the Investment Company Institute.

The one thing I find most interesting about this article is how they are virtually threatening the youth that if you don't invest in the stock market you will be pore.

The consequence, many experts fear, is that these young adults, mired for a lifetime in low- to no-growth investments, won't amass enough savings to see them comfortably through retirement -- let alone buy a house, put their kids through college, and enjoy a few of life's pleasures along the way.

That's especially true given the challenges this generation faces: They probably won't have pensions and will get reduced Social Security benefits, yet they'll have to make their money last longer than their parents and grandparents did.

So in other words: Give us all of your money so we can sell our stocks, crash the market, and make you broke.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
So their choices are: Let wall street take all their money or keep their money at home or in a bank where it looses value because inflation is higher than the interest. Either way the youth are up the creek. At least if they keep it at home they aren't letting themselves get robbed.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Well right now they do have a small window of time where they can still invest in physical silver. but I will emphasize small because I think the gold and silver bubble is about to burst.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Lies, even risky people are smart enough to avoid the market.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   

So in other words: Give us all of your money so we can sell our stocks, crash the market, and make you broke.

If you don’t take a risk you will never get any gains. Whether it’s stocks or commodities.
Personally I feel commodities are too risky. And buying physical metals is just the next bubble.

During the crash I was putting money into the stock market (individual stocks). It was one of the best moves I could have done. I did very well. Where as the mutual funds I owned have not come back to where they were. You can’t invest your money and go back to sleep. That’s like playing blackjack and not looking at the dealers card.

So their choices are: Let wall street take all their money or keep their money at home or in a bank where it looses value because inflation is higher than the interest.

No you manage your own stocks just like it’s real money. If your guess about the stock is wrong or has peaked, sell it and move on.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by thewholepicture
Well right now they do have a small window of time where they can still invest in physical silver. but I will emphasize small because I think the gold and silver bubble is about to burst.

there is no f***ing way silver and gold are going to bust. with all the centeral banks in the world printing money like crazy its imposible. how can the "bubble" burst when we are printing trillions or paper dollers and an unbelivable rate? how can silver and gold crash when all good are up 30% or more in one year and the goverment lies and says we only had 1% inflashion.

not happening. your looking at a globle set up to crash all fiat money to create a globle curancy. ben bernakey said it himself last year! gold and silver are going to the moon. mark my words
edit on 7-1-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

top topics

join