It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World of Tanks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Just thought I'd throw out a thread about this game, as it's not very well known yet but is extremely fun (in my opinion
)

World of Tanks

It's still in beta at the moment (there should still be keys available), with the full release being planned for late February. Basically, the whole idea of the game is to pit players against eachother in an incredible variety of tanks from the WWII era. It has a great deal of realism in terms of physics and vehicle damage, although historical accuracy was not a goal for the developers. It's not uncommon to see a German Tiger II fighting alongside a Soviet KV-3 or an American M6. Of course, theres also a wide range of tank destroyers and artillery available for each nationality, along with an incredible range of other tanks.

It also has an MMO aspect to it, in that there is a persistent upgrade system. You can unlock additional parts to upgrade a tank by using it in battle to gain XP, which is done in a number of ways such as scouting out enemy vehicles, damaging and destroying enemy vehicles and capturing the enemy base.

Feel free to post any questions about it here, I'll be happy to help if I can.
edit on 7-1-2011 by warbird03 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Looks fun for about a week.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Looks awesome.
I'm gonna destroy me some Tiger tanks with my M1 Stuart, woohoo!
Of course, I'll have to maneuver behind them and get at point blank range with my whopping 37mm pop gun

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Hah, even then I doubt your poor little 37mm is going to penetrate. My KV's 107mm barely penetrates them

Lysergic, keep in mind that this is still only the beta with most of the game being unavailable until the full release.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I had that in mind, it was for my personal gaming life expectations of myself.

Most games can only entertain me for about a week.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Ah, I see. I would say at least 2 weeks if you want to experience each class of vehicle; they all have a different playstyle. Throw in the whole part about putting together your own tank company and fighting over parts of europe against other people, and it could be a pretty good time sink. Besides, it's free. Can't beat that

join