It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreaming about Shoes?!?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I had another completely random and strange dream last night which pretty much just confuses the hell out of me; a dream about shoes... I haven't yet took the time to look up if there actually is a symbolic representation of shoes or not, so if there is, I'm sorry. I'll probably go see what I can find right after I'm done typing this - I'm interested in what others out there have to say.

In the dream, I'm not really sure where I was or what I was doing; I probably should have wrote it down right after my dog woke me up.. but it was 4 in the morning and I had to be up for 9. The focus of the dream was on 2 very distinct ideas... Shoes, and money. I was in a house, and this random person shows up and starts talking about how he's looking for different antiques / collectible items, when I remember I have several pairs of old Buster Brown shoes from when I was a little kid (I don't really have any Buster Brown shoes anymore, if I still do I have no idea where they are). Anyway, I tell this guy about the shoes and his eyes immediately light up.. so I go run and grab a bunch of pairs then bring them back to him... he then offers me $55,000, which I find hard to believe but am extremely happy about, and I start thinking about all the things I could use the money on.. money towards a new house, a new car, etc.. but instead of just giving him the shoes and taking the money - for whatever reason, I explain that I have to make sure it's ok with the rest of my family. Everyone else is totally for selling the shoes except one person - my mom. I don't remember why, but my mother completely refuses the offer.. then we start arguing back and forth about it... I can't understand why in the world she wouldn't sell them, and she can't understand why in the world anyone would want the money...

Is there any significance to this dream at all or am I just going completely crazy???

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I don't interpret other people's dreams, but there are themes, motifs, characters, etc., that are dreamt by a lot of people, and sometimes I recognize those. What your dreams might mean, finally, is up to you to decide.

I think the key here is that "antiques" are being used as a representation of the contents of your unconscious. That, I think, is a common symbolic usage.

So, I am unsure that "shoes" are the main idea here, but rather that these shoes are something that ties together the antique idea, are something personal to you, something not otherwise kept in view, and something that may have been given to you by your mother.

I am also unsure that "money" is as important as that you are being invited to place a value on the representatives of unconscious contents. "Appraisal" sounds like something the waking consciousness does. A lot of dreams are about the encounter between waking consciousness and unconscious contents. And then your mother disputes the value you have placed upon them.

Once your mother shows up, you're largely on your own as far as symbol amplification goes. If the symbolism of the old shoes is right, then what she says is that you (waking consciousness) are underestimating the value of your unconscious contents. By more-or-less preventing the sale, she is also implicitly advocating increasing your (waking) involvement with the contents. That is a typical thing for certain kinds of dream characters to do, to "advocate" for more conscious involvement with contents.

She could be saying more than that, or something different from that, in her capacity as someone in your personal life, and I'd have no way of even guessing that.

At most, maybe these remarks nudge you in a certain direction. Maybe being a little less concrete, not so literally shoes and not so literally money, will help you break the case open.

Good luck with unpacking it.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
After reading your title (and before reading your OP), the first thing that popped into my mind was a recollection that dreams of shoes are an indication of materialism. Then when I read your OP, you talk about money.

I'm not saying that you are materialistic; frankly, I don't put much weight into dreams. However, it could indicate financial hardship, desire for a better life (social status) or a desire to clean out your closet and have a garage sale. Or it could mean nothing at all.

I don't know...I'm rambling about something that I know nothing about...beyond a college class or two.

Good luck figuring it out!

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Time2Think

I dreampt of shoes and ended up moving and working with shoes for a while LOL..
what a ride that part of my life was..whew..glad it's over..well anyway if the
SHTF anything you own will be of value..tools, cooking pots, shoes, blankets. beans..almost anything may
be scarce to get/buy. Mostly it is you who has the ability and insight to interpret the dream but seems
to me a dream could contain both stimulus information and even bits about the future. Who knows, maybe
some Buster Browns right now would be a nice addition to your shoe collection...but caution is advised.
www.brownshoe.com...
a clue? who knows. Wish I could help.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Thank you for all of the replies, I realize that the shoes and money are symbolic for other ideas; I'm just trying to put the peices of the puzzle together.. I've had really strange vivid dreams like this all of my life, starting from back when I was a child and having deja vu all the time to now where I usually just have really weird random dreams. As far as giving value to the unconscious goes - I don't really know how to do this. I am under a lot of stress lately, and am sick of looking for full time employment; because I haven't been able to find anything steady, I'm forced to live in the same house as my parents which also causes a lot of stress for various reasons - at this point in my life I'm ready to snap, I turn 30 in a few months and I already feel like I'm having a mid-life crisis. I keep telling myself things will get better, and they seem to be getting better finally.. but it's a very long slow boring process.

Spending all day by yourself gets to you after a while, it gives you lots of time to think and work things out, but it also makes a lot of other things seem really stupid and pointless. For example, I used to be the guy that went out of my way to set up a party for Friday night; Now I'm the guy that lives in his parents basement and talks about his "shoe dreams" on ATS at 10:30 on a Friday night... see what I mean?

Yet deep down, "spiritually" if that's what you want to call it, I know things are going to change... I just don't know how. Call me insane but honestly if a bunch of aliens show up flying around in UFO's or Wall Street comes crashing down on itself, I'd be a lot happier with the world around me... I don't know anymore, I guess I'm just sick

edit on 7-1-2011 by Time2Think because: ET Shoes From Buster Brown...

top topics

join