It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Salutations to all.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Hello people of ATS!

Although It Is not my first post, I would still like to make one introducing who I am. I just recently completed High school back In June of 2010. I have been working on and off since, but I have always had dreams of becoming a chef as my primary occupation. It's something that has been with me for a while, and I feel that I do have a certain gift for it. Not trying to boast about myself though!

Although one of my major problems Is that both my parents are against me becoming what I want to. They just dont think It is worth the time and effort to have a chance at just becoming an "average" cook. That's why i have been looking into Astronomy etc, because i know they would rather have me become something to do with the Sciences. I still have very mixed thoughts about It, hopefully I will finally be able to make up my mind soon.

I have lurked the site for quite sometime now, and have finally decided to make an account, I would say I have gone up in knowledge quite a bit from reading posts from this site, some might be a bit crazier than others, but you know they always say; fact is stranger than fiction! I think keeping an open mind to all things is a healthy choice.

I hope not only to learn more from my fellow ATS members, but also to hopefully start my own threads on certain subjects, I already have one In mind about a experience that happened to me a couple days ago.

I would just like to wish everyone a Happy New Year, and hope your resolutions come true! ( That Is If you remembered to make some! )

Misanthropy

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Misanthropy

Hello and welcome to ATS and a happy new year to you too ... hopefully by the end of it you have started on the path you choose.

It sounds like you already know your way around the site and have a good grasp on what goes on ... enjoy the time you spend here and I look forward to reading about your experience.

Woody

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Misanthropy

Firstly Welcome, secondly cooking is a science it involves mathematics, chemistry, various heating and cooling method, Herbalist, medical science eg how the body works and process the fuel, eating not only fuels the system it also uses smell and taste which both are stimulating to the body.

I could go on bit you get the idea .

I say follow your heart, you never know you could find a mix of ingredients to help the sick or weak. You could help a couple having trouble falling pregnant to eventually give birth to a healthy happy baby .
You could be the one to higher the worlds food standards.

All the best Whateva

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

Thanks for the warm welcome, I have indeed seen your name quite a bit on the site! Its nice to see that even people who have been on the site for a long period of time still acknowledge the newbies!

And yes, I do know my way around the site quite well, except for certain aspects about posting but i will look at the Introductory Forum for that!

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

Thanks for the kind welcome, Whateva69. Infact i agree 100% with you on what you said about cooking. It just seems that my parents dont think of it as that kind of science, if you know what i mean.

They escaped under Communist rule on a ship that set sail to Canada, they came here with just what they had on them. They have always wanted the best for me, because as kids themselves they did not have much choices. They just dont think its worth the huge amount of stress you are put under, but to be honest i like it
. Obviously once you get higher up the ladder everything gets better, but trying to get that through there head is easier than done hehe.

I hope to have further conversations with you on different subjects on the site!

Misanthropy

top topics

join