It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leading Pakistani politician slain by own guard

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Leading Pakistani politician slain by own guard

www.msnbc.msn.com

The governor of Pakistan's powerful Punjab province was shot dead in the capital Tuesday by one of his guards, who told interrogators afterward that he was angry about the politician's stance against the country's blasphemy law, officials said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Why is it that in the Muslim world, if you have a disagreement with someone, you kill them?

There never seems to be any room for discussion.

How can this be justified?

Of course, this will just be brushed off as an isolated incident but in reality, it isn't. Hardly a day goes by that you don't read of a suicide bomber blowing up a market somewhere.

Most of the time it appears to be Muslims murdering other Muslims. Why?

Why is violence the accepted choice in the Mideast.

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I think you are missing the point of the murder. Some of these Muslims take that blasphemy law to heart because they believe that no one should speak ill against their prophet Mohammad. In Turkey, you can get in trouble for speaking bad about Mustafa Kemal Ataturk. I don't believe this is the "way of the Middle East" but this is proof that politics and religion should completely separate in every form. Instead of the blasphemy law, there should be a consensus among the believers to follow that law unwritten.

Lastly, don't generalize. Not every disagreement ends in a murder.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Why is it OK to make fun of the pope?

Why can you make fun of just about any religion except Islam without worrying about being killed.

I hate to generalize but violence and Islam seem to be closely linked compared to any other current religion.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Apparently the governors guards stood and laughed when one of them shot him dead with an automatic rifle.

Well i guess it's an Islamic country and for someone to say anything against Islam = dead man walking.

The governor stood up for the christian women who had the blasphamy law charged against her and the governor called to scrap the blasphamy law.

And he finally payed the ultimate price with 27 bullets drilled in his body.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevilJin
I don't believe this is the "way of the Middle East" but this is proof that politics and religion should completely separate in every form. Instead of the blasphemy law, there should be a consensus among the believers to follow that law unwritten.

Lastly, don't generalize. Not every disagreement ends in a murder.

The statement that all disagreements in Muslim countries end in violence and murder may be generalizing but its not like the statement is being made with out a reason behind it. It may not be the way of the ME, I like that you also said politics and religion should be separate. One real to help show that disagreements do not end in violence and murder might be to find out how many politicians are standing up for the women that are being accused of the blasphemy law, or what ever other law is in question, and who has not had an attempt on his life.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I'm sick of this. How long will we continue to kowtow to and appease muslim extremists? Actually they aren't extreme at all but rather are the norm among Muslims who are just trying to diligently follow their satanic religion. It's time to take the gloves off. We need a new crusade. I say forced conversions to christianity should be the norm in all lands occupied by coalition forces. Give them a taste of their own medicine. Who cares if you make the Muslims hate you, they hate you already. Their god, satan aka Allah the moon idol, incites them to this. Forget this religion of peace BS. We know it's BS and they want nothing more than your conversion or your death. It's codified in their satanic screed, the Koran. The Koran is not worthy to line my parrot cage. Perhaps only newsweek is more a waste of ink.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Wouldn't have cried if bodyguards from congress did that when they passed the bank bailout...

Just a thought...

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

"Why is it that in the Muslim world, if you have a disagreement with someone, you kill them? "

Why is it in the GOP & DNC world, if you have a disagreement with someone, you kill/invade/occupy them?

join