It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No real off-season breakout shows...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Maybe I missed them...but I can't recall any off-season breakout shows recently. While I realize shows take a break, usually, it's the time the networks break out new stuff to try out (especially when they come out with ratings hits.

Past shows like American Idol, Wipeout, So You Think You Can Dance, Dancing with the Stars, etc. started this way (replacement shows)...so odd that they'd "miss the boat" this time out.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I don't watch much tv anymore, mostly because I don't like reality shows or competition shows or game shows. I like dramas and sitcoms but those are lacking as well. The only show I have recently started watching is "The Walking Dead" and I loved it. The only other show I watch is "Dexter." Most of the time I watch the History Channel but even then I have seen all their shows a milllion times, although I will say "Ancient Aliens" is a definite favorite.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I think they had a show called the cape with summer glau starting **i think** I was meaningto catch that, besides that though i havent really heard/read/seen any thing thats worth watching.

I think season break is when you try out new shows, i was thinking of finally checking out caprica/warehouse 13/V or maybe catching up on Fringe again!

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by q_ball

The Cape looks interesting, but I'm betting on a short run. The one-shot hero shows don't do well without an ensemble of both good and bad characters it seems. (and even those have a limited shelf-life). Smallville is an exception (though I didn't watch it past the earlier seasons).

top topics

join