It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATTN ATS: A Reminder of The Dangers of Religious Parranoia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
In these prophetic times i cant help but notice an increase in threads quoting a few passages from religious texts (Most commonly the bible) followed by a well thought self convinced rant, taken with a grain of salt about how this somehow ties in with modern/recent events that is bringing about the "end times" or "end of the world".

Just a reminder to all of you about the dangers of this, when taken litteraly.

- The Armenian Gennocide.
- The Hollocaust, was largely based on religious belief
- The Crusades 200,000-300,000 people lost their lives over a 200 year period of international war, before the church eventually turned on its own templar and had them all executed.
- The inquisition where "Accusation from the church was equal to guilt", was posibly one of the most disgraceful things to have ever happened in human history if you know what really went on.
- The surpression of technology and knowledge, since it never "fit in" with the church's teachings it was considered blasphemy, and therefore was never alowed. Technologically, this has knocked humanity back around 1000 years .
- During the Inquisition, The Doctrines of the Xtian, used to spot people who were in league with the devil and executed or tortured...countless people suffered at the hands of zealetous clergymen. Imagine not being able to recite the lords prayer (#1 sign your evil) because english is not your first language, then being tortured to death.
......the list is endless.

I stress this is not bashing Christianity, and I apologise in advance if I have offended anyone. Im mearling pointing out the dangers of religious fanaticism when it comes to prophecy.

edit on 4-1-2011 by Griffo515 because: spelling mistake.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
HAHAHA, those radicals are for weak minded people, a great majority of Christains don't subscribe to such nonesense. It is hillarious, I laughed thw whole time, I have seen these two videos before,

I'm just glad that not everyone thinks that way, however they work really hard to recruit new members and they manage to pull in quite a bit each year. I say it's an abuse of power over weak minded people.

Sad really.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I dont know if this is part of the topic but I really get sick of people copying and pasting entire verses of the bible in threads. If people wanted to read the verses they would, and you are most likely to see the same verses most times because people actually believe they are the most important ones concerning the future. I think those people are delirious.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Redevilfan09

I know, Its more troubling when the op warns everyone of the coming danger because they pieced together some self-conceived bible code. Ever seen the start of the movie "The Omen" where the priests are all watching the slide show by one of the cardinals? Thats where most of these superstitions begin...hollywood.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Griffo515

they are just trying to confirm that their faith is correct and they somehow figured it all out before the end but even the bible warns of false prophets so what they are doing by the bibles standards is wrong and they don't even know it. Unless it was told to them by god they are no prophet. You might want to point that out to them next time they go on a "this is the end of the world rant". Yes the bible gives signs of end times but its meant to not warn people to stop what they are doing its meant to say hey your screwed once this happens but at the end it will be worth it because Jesus will be back and its going to happen no matter what.
edit on 4-1-2011 by pcrobotwolf because: ps awesome pic of the cat he looks pissed ears pinned back eyes looking away

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by pcrobotwolf

The hollywood movie "2012" gives signs to the end of times aswell...doesn't make it fact.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Redevilfan09
I dont know if this is part of the topic but I really get sick of people copying and pasting entire verses of the bible in threads. If people wanted to read the verses they would, and you are most likely to see the same verses most times because people actually believe they are the most important ones concerning the future. I think those people are delirious.

I agree. I mean, God obvious didn't write the book, in the first place, nor did God update the book at any time. To say the opposite would certainly be delusional. Oh, they say, well, God Inspired the book to be written. OK, I can somewhat accept that. What about other books, did God inspire those too? No, those are inspired by the Devil/Satan. Si I don't understand what we are basically forced, every time, to read over the self same quotes, again and again, as if we are too stupid to see them the first time.

I tend to think that the religious folks are at least sub-consciously, attempting to bring about Armageddon. Drenched in the blood of those different from them, they try to en-flame the hearts of mankind and bring the Muslim World down on Israel, as I understand it, so Jesus can come down from the sky, riding on some sort of craft that is called "The Kingdom of Heaven," whip up on "Satan's followers," and establish his new religion, which will last for 1000 years. And why is this? My first thought would be so that they, the Good Christians, could rule the world according to whatever their version may be. It is often stated in here that America is, and was founded as a Christian Nation, even though there is much evidence to the contrary. A little research into American history will show that this statement is a lie. The men responsible for building the foundation of the United States had little use for Christianity, and many were strongly opposed to it. They were men of The Enlightenment, not men of Christianity. They were Deists who did not believe the Bible was true.

When the Founders wrote the nation's Constitution, they specified that

"no religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States." (Article 6, section 3)

This provision gave equal citizenship to believers and non-believers alike. They wanted to ensure that no single religion could make the claim of being the Official, National religion, such as England had. After all, they had left England for just that reason. Nowhere in the Constitution does it mention religion, except in exclusionary terms. The words "Jesus Christ, Christianity, Bible, and God" are never mentioned in the Constitution-- not once.

top topics

join