It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3,000 dead birds fall from sky and 100,000 fish that have washed up dead at the same time in Arkans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Labs seek clues after 3,000 dead birds fall from sky in Arkansas

www.courierpress.com

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) — Wildlife experts are trying to solve a mystery that evoked images of the apocalypse: Why did more than 3,000 red-winged blackbirds tumble from the Arkansas sky shortly before midnight on New Year’s Eve?

Scientists are investigating whether fireworks, poison or bad weather might have forced the birds out of the sky, or if a disoriented bird simply led the flock into the ground
(visit the link for the full news article)

More bizarre happenings in Arkansas: The state, reeling from the chilling sight of thousands of dead birds dropping from the sky over the weekend, is now grappling with 100,000 fish that have washed up on a 20-mile stretch of the Arkansas River. Officials suspect disease killed the drum fish, and note that while fish die-offs aren't unusual, the size of this one is. Officials are hopeful the phenomenon isn't the result of pollution or toxins. "The fish kill only affected one species of fish," an official tells CNN. "If it was from a pollutant, it would have affected all of the fish."

Related News Links:

edit on 3-1-2011 by ddarkangle2bad because: new update

edit on 4/1/11 by argentus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
here we go again. Why are animals just falling down dead? I got a felling it is going to get worse and we all will pay the price. Its time to wake and see the real situation happening and unfolding. The sad part we the people wont know until its to late and since we the human race has never truely been able to get along with each other tis is going to be one heck of a ride.

[url=http://www.courierpress.com/news/2011/jan/03/labs-seek-clues-after-3000-dead-birds-fall-sky-ark/?partner=yahoo_headlines]www.courierpress.com[/ur l]

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Well this tells us little..

Just a report that they are going to check into it.

I will wait until what they say the results are to make my conclusion..

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Its starting,the flipping of the earth is destroying there built in navigation sytem.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I wish they would hurry up and find out what is was (If they even tell us the truth) I know I don't want to be in Arkansas right now. I would be heading right out the door..

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

The flipping of the earth? Do you watch the stars at night?

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
this is just more evidence that the bird kill, and now fish kill...is the product of methane gas...

evidently a pocket of methane that was locked in a gas pocket in the strata found its way into the environment... this may well be a precurser to a movement of the New Madrid fault...

the outgassing first killed the fish... its worth investigating that pop culture says only one species of fish was involved... my best guess it is only the bloated species that floated to the surface and the other types of fish sank to the bottom...giving the impression that the kill was selective.

the gas that killed the fish in the water, continued to rise as a pocket/ or cloud of gas...and when the birds flew into this lethal mixture...they gasped their last breath, and fell to the ground...
i heard that the blackbirds had one duck amongst them in the kill zone

No mystery to my thinking...its only an odd anomaly

But to Expect a earthquake or swarm of tectonic activity in the New Madrid faullt areas (Missouri to Texas) see the seismic area on a wikipedia map

edit on 3-1-2011 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
There are more than 1,580 wells in the region for fracturing gas in the Fayettesville Shale formation. Exxon just spent $30 Billion for one of these drilling companies that destroy our aquafers! Here's a link:

lingo.cast.uark.edu...

arkansasnews.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by sabbathcrazy

A pole shift that what he meant.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
this is just more evidence that the bird kill, and now fish kill...is the product of methane gas...

That would affect the locals too, so no. We can draw that out. I've a theory about what may cause this...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ddarkangle2bad

S&F Good catch.

Authorities say that a pollutant would have killed all species of fish, not just one. But I wonder. Maybe drumfish are particularly susceptible. Or maybe a large school swam through a contaminated patch of water at the same time a while ago, and the effects only happened now...

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

Latest...

Blackbirds do not normally fly at night and it was not immediately clear what caused the odd behavior. Loud noises were reported shortly before the birds began falling, according to the game and fish commission.

"The birds obviously hit something very hard and had hemorrhages," said Rowe.

"Initial examinations of a few of the dead birds showed trauma. Whether or not this trauma was from the force of hitting the ground when they fell or from something that contacted them in the air, we don't know," she said.

Story from CNN

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I want you to look at a map of Arkansas. Over near Bebe, Arkansas is Hwy 64. About 5 years ago, my wife and I drove out west and on the return, we decided to miss Little Rock and drove north along Hwy 64 on the way to Memphis. A very rural area, we drove past what appeared as an abandoned complex...the sign out front said Haliburton. I nearly wrecked and my wife looked at me like I was crazy.

I proceeded to explain to her about Haliburton, Dick Cheney...the then Vice President and CEO of Haliburton, the ties to the industrial/war complex...and Iraq, and the CIA and the Bushes.

Now consider this...Haliburton has a huge stake in Arkansas...DeWitt, Ark has listings for Haliburton jobs. Funny how the complex along hwy 64 is close to Bebe...the site of the massive bird kill.

Further, are there any old time conspiracy theorists from the 90s here? Remember Mena, Arkansas... the air field the US ran guns out of and coke into to finance/ back the Sandinistas back in the Reagan/BUSH White House? Remember who was Gov of Ark at the time? Bill Clinton....the man from Hope.

The fish kill is about equal distance from Mena and Bebe....

Any one of these in them self would not be cause for extreme concern...however, taken all together...you have to ask what is the lynch pin...the link between all of them...? Haliburton

The birds suffered internal trauma...and the kill only affected one specific type of bird and one type of fish...

Now if you were developing a weapon. a weapon that was going to be used on the battlefield, and it had to kill only the enemy and not impact the friendly troops...you would need to isolate maybe a trait...genetic ...maybe something peculiar to the enemy...

How would you test it? See if you could isolate the effects to a specific test group...say maybe a type of bird or fish?

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I wonder what the sounds were.. Interesting..

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Remember the massive fish kill-off this past September? I assume it is related.
Massive fish kill reported in Louisiana

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f4fb34d472f6.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/319d278b86f1.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

A methane gas leak would not selectively choose to kill one type of bird and only one type of fish.

Of course that is my theory (or process of elimination), I don't have facts to prove it, but these birds and the drum fish are not known as a fragile species so why just them. Why also in also in South America?

I don't buy the "shocked by thunder" that I recently heard as the reason on the news either.

Based on some of the posts here, I am more curious about the activity of the New Madrid Fault Line.

**** My concern is that news like this tends to just fade away rapidly with little concern. There was a youtube comment that said it wasn't a big deal, and would only be a big deal if it were 10 people that had killed over. Should events really go to that measure before people perk up and question the things around them?

At least here, a lot of people are paying attention, regardless of views and theories. To be observant is important, even of the little things.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

evidently a pocket of methane that was locked in a gas pocket in the strata found its way into the environment... this may well be a precurser to a movement of the New Madrid fault...

the outgassing first killed the fish... its worth investigating that pop culture says only one species of fish was involved... my best guess it is only the bloated species that floated to the surface and the other types of fish sank to the bottom...giving the impression that the kill was selective.

the gas that killed the fish in the water, continued to rise as a pocket/ or cloud of gas...and when the birds flew into this lethal mixture...they gasped their last breath, and fell to the ground...
i heard that the blackbirds had one duck amongst them in the kill zone

No mystery to my thinking...its only an odd anomaly

But to Expect a earthquake or swarm of tectonic activity in the New Madrid faullt areas (Missouri to Texas) see the seismic area on a wikipedia map

edit on 3-1-2011 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

exactly what I was thinking and couldn't have said it better

Star for you.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ddarkangle2bad

Labs seek clues after 3,000 dead birds fall from sky in Arkansas

www.courierpress.com

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) — Wildlife experts are trying to solve a mystery that evoked images of the apocalypse: Why did more than 3,000 red-winged blackbirds tumble from the Arkansas sky shortly before midnight on New Year’s Eve?

Scientists are investigating whether fireworks, poison or bad weather might have forced the birds out of the sky, or if a disoriented bird simply led the flock into the ground

More bizarre happenings in Arkansas: The state, reeling from the chilling sight of thousands of dead birds dropping from the sky over the weekend, is now grappling with 100,000 fish that have washed up on a 20-mile stretch of the Arkansas River. Officials suspect disease killed the drum fish, and note that while fish die-offs aren't unusual, the size of this one is. Officials are hopeful the phenomenon isn't the result of pollution or toxins. "The fish kill only affected one species of fish," an official tells CNN. "If it was from a pollutant, it would have affected all of the fish."

Related News Links:

edit on 3-1-2011 by ddarkangle2bad because: new update

edit on 4/1/11 by argentus because: (no reason given)

Dang, DK, where do you not have this article posted? On HC community.history.com... The article says, "Karen Rowe, an ornithologist for the game and fish commission, said the incident is not that unusual and is often caused by a lightning strike or high-altitude hail.

A strong storm system moved through the state earlier in the day Friday. Officials also speculated that fireworks shot by New Year's revelers in the area might have caused severe stress in the birds."

new topics

top topics

join