It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There Was No Clinton "Surplus"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I was reading about the federal reserve and the tremendous debt the US is in, and asked myself:

"How in the hell was there a surplus during the Clinton administration?" Methinks if it's actually possible to balance the budget and have a surplus, maybe were not completely screwed.

Well, upon looking into it, my delusions of balanced budgets and surpluses quickly dissipated. Turns out there was no surplus during the Clinton administration, in fact he didn't even balance the budget. The myth came about from double speak and flat out lies.

Check it out for yourself...

www.craigsteiner.us...

I wont be surprised if Obama, or whoever gets elected next(dem or rep), pulls the same trick on us (ya know, it would bring about some "hope we can *blindly* believe in" lol)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Yep, just more proof of the smoke illusion and mirrors by TPTB to get you believe one politician is better or worse than another when they are all the same.

SS receipts counted as income to government and spent with IOU to treasury will do wonders for your bottom line on paper but nothing for future SS recipients counting on income.

Sooner or later expect flames when the Clinton fans get wind of this thread though.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Does Barry dodge phone calls from collection agencies?

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by CREAM

Clinton's "Deficit reduction" is part of the reason we have such a huge and IMMINENT problem with Social Security. He issued 2.6 trillion in non-transferable treasury bonds to the SSA in return for all of the cash in the Social Security vault...Non-transferable meaning that they can't be sold on the open market, only between Treasury and SSA, so when the government defaults on it's debts NO ONE gets social security!

People do NOT understand the problem we have with entitlements and budgets in this country. They think there are magical budgetary tricks we can play to paper this over until the next generation...NOPE sorry. It's either cut now, phase out now, or collapse now and no one gets a thing.
edit on 2-1-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-1-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join