It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A new year, a new start : a New Year amnesty??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I've seen quite a few researchers come and go from the UFO scene over the years.

There is fairly rapid turnover in this field.

Many people have left when they have lost interest, quite a few have got as far as they think they can and give up, others consider that they have reached a satisfactory conclusions while a few have left due to developing certain religious beliefs.

I've lost contact with a relatively small number of experienced researchers because they have been banned from forums in which I participate.

I feel valuable input may potentially have been to ATS (and to my research and possibly the wider UFO research field) as the result of the banning of at least one individual.

I will not dwell on any particular case, since I think this is against the rules here on ATS and quite frankly I don't even know the reason for that individual being banned.

Instead, on this - the first day in a new year - as someone that is looking around the UFO research scene at the moment in some despair, I'll simply ask the moderators of ATS to give a bit of thought to whether there are any members whose contribution was valued by them prior to them being banned that should be given the benefit of a New Year amnesty and invited to return if they should wish to do so.

I don't think identifying potential candidates would involve any great effort - the only people I'd really be concerned about are ones whose names would spring to mind quite readily to the Three Amigos.

If this idea does not appeal to the management and moderators of ATS, perhaps (in the spirit of the holiday season and in the hope of reducing, just a touch, some of the bitterness and rivalry that pervades the field of UFO research) having given a bit of thought to relevant individuals, the management of ATS could at least send some of them an email wishing them all the best for the New Year and their continued efforts in relation to UFO research in whatever form that research takes in the future?

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

Shoot me a list of who you have in mind via PM (u2u) and I'll look into it. There's always room for second chances with very few exceptions.

Springer...

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
Shoot me a list of who you have in mind via PM (u2u) and I'll look into it. There's always room for second chances with very few exceptions.

Great.

I've just sent a u2u.

All the best for 2011,

Isaac

join