It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican National Convention

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I am curious to see what everyone thinks will happen at this years convention. Anyone have any inside leads for suprises? Conspiracy theories? Rants? Raves? Lets hear it.

Personally I think Cheney will fake a heart attack soon and they will announce that McCain is the new running-mate for Bush. It will be an unstoppable team!

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I don't think anyone should be surprised by McCain and Gulliani speeches at all. Especially Gulliani.

In fact, it's going to be NYC "hero" heavy. It's in NYC and will emphasize the 911 tragedy as it's cornerstone of "optimism."

But if Cheney makes it that far and is allowed to address a national audience, I'll be surprised as well.

RNC article on City renovations for Convention

Artists rendering of Republicanized NYC

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   
There will be protesters, even though Bloomberg is trying his hardest to stop them, but there will be tons of cops (ironic since thier union supports Kerry) in full riot gear, to invoke fear and reinforce the idea that the world is a scary place and only the big, bad, Republicans can save you.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Dems are laughing it up at the RNC line up announced...

GOP Convention speakers oppose Bush administration

According to USA Today (6/28/04), "Republicans will showcase moderates and a rogue Democrat at their Aug. 30 convention in New York City." Yet, these Republican moderates are meant to put a false centrist face on Bush's radical agenda, and do not accurately represent the right-wing agenda of the Administration. Instead, the major Convention speakers disagree with Bush on key issues...

"McCain, Giuliani, and Schwarzenegger will serve as reminders to everyone watching the Republican National Convention just how far to the right the Bush administration has taken us," said DNC spokesperson Jano Cabrera. "The RNC may try to trot out the moderates for TV, but Americans have had four years to see the real agenda of the Republican Party and it's not the agenda of those three men, nor the agenda of most Americans."

www.democrats.org...

I love all the previous quotes by keynote RNC speakers, like...

"60 percent of the benefits from Bush's tax cuts go to the wealthiest 10 percent of Americans, and that's not the kind of tax relief that Americans need." [Sen. John McCain, Washington Post, 1/5/00]

"I understand Governor Bush is now a reformer. If so, it's his first day on the job." [Sen. John McCain, Dallas Morning News, 2/8/00]

And all the hard lines moderate speakers like Schwarzenegger and Guiliani have drawn FOR abortion rights and gay marriage and stem cell research.

Any of these guys fits better at the Dem convention than for Bush.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by curme
There will be protesters, even though Bloomberg is trying his hardest to stop them, but there will be tons of cops (ironic since thier union supports Kerry) in full riot gear, to invoke fear and reinforce the idea that the world is a scary place and only the big, bad, Republicans can save you.

Youre kidding me...cops in riot gear?...wont happen...unless...there is a riot...it has nothing to do with reinforcing fear...since these protestors are supposed to be peaceful...right?...You dont think protestors (if there even are any) would be treated different in Boston?

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Louis Black summed it up pretty well on The Daily Show last night.

Since there's a contingency plan for 10,000 NYC cops to be on duty during the President's speech, there's now offically more people protecting the President than we sent to invade Afghanistan or are currently hunting for Osama.
_________
Back to RNC topic...

This is awesome. Hard line conservative groups are getting MAD about the RNC speaker list since they're all progressive, moderate, pro-life types. The Bush/Frist strategy to cater to the radical right with that anti-Gay vote BACKFIRED. They know it was window dressing to appease the "disenfranchised" religious right that won't be represented on TV at the RNC.

RNC oppresses Christians! Not really, they just won't show them on TV during the RNC. Don't worry, they'll still cash your checks.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I love Black...but that statement doesnt cut it...there wouldnt be 10,000 cops if there wasnt 1 million people trying to protest...the cops are there to maintain the order and makes sure everything goes smooth...the SS is there to protect the president...

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   
As has been pointed out, the Republicans are trotting out moderates like McCain, Giuliani, and Schwarzenegger. These people are barely tolerated in the Republican party. Why don't we get to see any real Republicans, like Tom "don't call me French" DeLay and Rick "man on dog" Santorum? Because then voters would see that real Republicans are drooling, knuckle-dragging fascists.

Meanwhile, the Democrats are featuring liberals like Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton, Al Gore, and Ted Kennedy. The keynote speaker, Illinois Senate candidate Barack Obama, is to the left of Kerry and Edwards.

It looks like the Democrats aren't afraid to put a liberal face on their party, while the Republicans are doing everything possible to hide the true face of their party.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   
This my prediction of the Republican convention,

Will start with a prayer.

Then will be a recollection of 9/11 and a prayer.

Then the war on terror will take most of the time, and a prayer.

Then Bush will preach about anything but the countries needs, and a prayer.

Then Bush will end with a prayer, and then he will ask the people to pray so he can win the elections and another prayer.

top topics

join