It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forced evacuations begin in Rockhampton

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

www.couriermail.com.au... Inundated coal mines pump residue-tainted water into the floods

FLOODED mines in Queensland are being allowed to discharge water in the hope the size of the floods will dilute any damaging residues. Since December 1, 11 coal mines in central and north Queensland, and one coal seam gas (CSG) mine in the southwest have been given permission to discharge water.

It seems the issue of mine pollution is beginning to be a problem, although the mining industry denies this.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by whatisanameanyway

crap.

All that water will evetually work its way through VIC, S.A & lower NSW (contaminating things along the way...?)

I just realised why I need raised garden beds with potting mix.... the dirt is going to be Effed.

Did anyone watch or donate to the flood relief telathon last night? I saw that the scottish owned airplane company that has only been with us for 4 years donated 1 million dollars while 6 major retail chains together only managed a lousy 50 thousand. AND KFC+SUBWAY -QLD also only managed 50 thousand when they really could afford so much more. Dogs. They'll provide unhealthy food & push it on the public like its fine - take all our money - but when it come time to give back, they don't deliver...

I'm just saying - its easy to see which companies are worth their weight.

-B.M
edit on 9/1/11 by B.Morrison because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flighty
Yeah the weather has been really weird Australia wide the last month.
I wish those Queenslanders who are affected, a safe New Years Eve tonight.

Australia wide? Globally... We got snow again in Atlanta...

Ours isn't as bad as Australia, but it's just as odd

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Yeah here in Sydney (just before Christmas) it's been cold when it's usually frying hot.
A friend in South Australia said that the flooding was effecting them as well.
All the rain, when it's Summer. It is all very strange topsy turvy weather.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join