It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China was the first in the New World! New PBS Documentary Says So!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 08:53 PM
link   
So what? The Vikings reached it 500 years before Columbus. So we found out a new fact of history. This wouldnt change anything.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 09:36 PM
link   
There are so many claims as to who disvovered the New World first it's really hard to determine who is right or wrong.

Now it's the Chinese, it was the Eygptians. Let's not forget The Vikings (I find this much more pausable out of the others)

The people that came across the Bering Strait land bridge may explain how the American Inidians came to North America..

I have never bought the Columbus story after I got on the net and started to read many different theories and claims as to who may have discovered the new world first.

History is always written by those in power.. . So we may never know the truth.

Lord_Doom

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by AD5673
So what? The Vikings reached it 500 years before Columbus. So we found out a new fact of history. This wouldnt change anything.

That's your opinion...but knowing our origins is something that many people wish to know for personal and professional reasons combined...it can also shed more light on how we developed and what we went on to do as a species...it can tell us how and why some people died and it can join together many puzzle pieces in history that have forever been unable to fit into the big picture

So to just dismiss the whole "how did we get to the new world" ideas as something that "wouldn't change anything" is a bit niave and maybe suggesting that you, my friend, are not a history fiend - lol - which is perfectly cool - we all have our little peaves...I hate chemistry with a passion...but without it I'd be dead...and so would you if some people didn't care about these things - "history repeats itself" is the cliche, and it's true...and knowing those climactic trends, reasons for mass migration, and many other unsolved questions are what can keep us from learning a little more about ourselves and keeping from making the same mistake twice

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Man that guy was a total crackpot. He had ABSOLUTELY no proof to back up his claims. He changed the facts to support his theory like turning two islands vertical to horizontal and claming they were Puerto Rico and Guadeloupe. Menzy also says that the bimini road was built by the chinese to repair his ships. He even went to say that a Bendict Arnold(the grandfather of the traitor) windmill was a chinese lighthouse. Manzy is worse at documentarys than Moore and thats saying something!

related sites
www.1421.tv...
www.kenspy.com...

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I finally saw the show and they destroyed his theories on just about every count. He really had no good evidence for such a claim. I was watching it in the begining were it had just his view and I had some problems with some of his evidence,then at the end when they confronted his evidence it was all blown out of the water. Im mean the guy thought the chinese fleet went around the whole world not just to america with no proof.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67

You're all wrong!!! The first people in the new world were the ancestors of the Native Americans of course... Thousands of years earlier via the bering street.

We all know that.

But I think in history, you can only "discover" lands if your on a boat.

If that is the case, Columbus wasn't the first. The Chinese weren't the first and neither were the Vikings.

The Black Africans, Egyptians, discovered America perhaps 3,000 years ago, through sailing the Atlantic Ocean.

There is a lot of proof that things like coc aine and coffee reached Egypt. If the Pharoahs really prized exotics, and paid riches for them, you bet your ass Egyptian sailors would risk their lives to reach the Americas in reed boats.

It's all kind of funny that anyone but the people who reached North America first 'discovered' America though ^^. Interestingly, it looks as if the whole population of the Americas may have descended from a party of four travelers.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join