It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HAPPY NEW YEAR! -Guide to the best you possible; 2011 Edition.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Hello members 2011 is right around the corner. Every person reading is familiar with the New Year's resolution. I am here to introduce a new spin on the New Year's resolution train of thought.
As a challenge, I encourage every member here to post 6 accomplishments they'd like to experience before June 2011. By posting these goals with others, the self commitment factor will be stronger than if you were to keep it to yourself. I encourage all posters to be back in June 2011 to discuss the shear POWER of intention. Intending to acheive your goals will force you to do nothing other than acheive your goals.
- Letters to the Universe.
If you haven't seen the movie "Movie : The Secret" I'd suggest you sit down and get the idea behind it. The movie itself is extremely motivational (motivation is what most of us seem to be lacking.) If you decide you're too good to view it, that's fine too - Move on to the next step; creating a file on your computer that will double as your Daily Journal/Diary.
MAKE IT A HABIT! to write a letter to the universe, every day for the things you are grateful for, the things you'd LOVE to acheive. The things you wished you would have done. GET ALL YOUR FEELINGS AND INTENTIONS out in this letter to the universe. Use your mind to imagine that the universe is out there, deep inside the subconscious layers of your mind, just waiting for you to declare your emotions and intentions.
This habit will blossom into the most beautiful foundation for a strong - positive, successful, fulfilling life. This habit will bring your goals closer to achievement. They will keep your WILLPOWER fire ablaze. They will invigorate your every day activities.
I look forward to building a network of encouragement among members. We live in a wonderful age. Let's be the best we can be. Evolve towards your goals with the power of intention.

-Hope your year was pleasant, 2011 will be just as great as you make it!
edit on 27-12-2010 by Analyzing because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I hope more members decide to revisit this thread with some serious thought. I will be using the final days of 2010 to really put my mind toward my goals for the next year.

2011 is the year for change. as for all the ats'rs out there, why wait til 2012 - "the end of the world" to start living your life.

I will be back to add some serious content to the thread. I encourage others to do the same!

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
The Secret,,, 3rd world edition.

Dear universe.

I know I am only a child so my wishes aren't that powerful yet but

Please stop killing everyone I know through starvation and disease, I asked for this last year but I can only assume that I didn't want it enough or it would surely have come true.

I am grateful that I was only sexually assaulted once this week by the militia. I can feel my goal of moving to New York and becoming a fashion designer drawing ever closer with every minute.

PS do you think you could sort out the whole clean drinking water deal as well? For some reason my positivity isn't removing the cholera as well as I had hoped

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

The secret is not meant to give people the idea that whatever they imagine will manifest. It's to remind viewers that being discouraged is no reason to give up. By looking at the bright side you can move forward and stay motivated.

But if you think that joke is cute and funny then good for you, maybe somebody else thought it was amusing.

A.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I've been doing a lot of reading lately on the LOA. Although I haven't read "The Secret" or watched the movie I have heard some good things about it. I wrote a couple of posts about it on my blog. If you are really interested in making the Law of Attraction work for you in a positive way I suggest getting into the habit of identifying your feelings all day long. What you are thinking controls your feelings, what you are feeling effects your energy vibrations, and your energy vibrations are like magnets attracting what you are sending out.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
On the subject of intention, here is a wonderful New Year free meditation. It is my intention to spread a message of light and love this year!

www.orindaben.com...

Enjoy

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
My year so far has been more exciting than any in the past. I am more organized, more consistent, and even more thrilled than ever to go about my day.

I hope that everyone else reading has been enjoying their year to date and has some positive things to share.

A.

new topics

top topics

join