It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Using Firefox? Think again - the FBI-Mozilla Connection

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Justin Samuel - The man who verifiably worked (or works) with the FBI is now ensuring the new Firefox browser “is the most secure browser out there”. Raising the question: how secure can a browser be when the man assigned to make is secure has a working relationship with the FBI?

More:
www.indybay.org...

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Ok, Im a diehard Firefox(R) fan, I just have to say Does anybody know if this link is a credible source?

And wasnt there a thread on here some months ago that stated that windows vista/7 had some backdoor port forwarded to the FBI?

Just what I remember reading...

And Hi, I registered here
edit on 26-12-2010 by OracleOfEssences because: Hey hey!

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   
The San Francisco Bay Area Independent Media Center is a non-commercial, democratic collective of bay area independent media makers and media outlets, and serves as the local organizing unit of the global Indymedia network. So I think the source is reliable.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   
It's relatively easy to make Firefox fairly safe. I don't know anything about FBI involvement, other than a few articles and forum posts that come up on google. I would say, though, that it's probably the closest you're going to get to totally safe with a windows browser.

Although there is one thing that comes to mind... If you download the Tor browser bundle, the browser that comes pre configured with it is an older version of Firefox. I don't think there's anyone out there that has not heard the rumors (some of which have been reasonably substantiated) that Tor is an FBI project...

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   
The magic word applies:

TOR.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   
it's opensource...
maybe I am wrong, but it means that any one of us can open it up, look at the coding, improve it, slice and dice it....and well....if it were an fbi project...we could find the backdoors if there were any......if we knew what we are doing. and well....I also think it means that there were many people, like us, only who knew what they were doing, have opened it up, sliced and diced, and improved on the coding...
surely someone would have ran across any fbi shanagans by now and made an addon to neutralize it???

of course, if the fbi for some reason had their hands in it because they don't like microsoft windows explorer, well, can you really blame them there??

top topics

join