It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i need help/advise from the lawyer. info about yourself by FOIA (freedom of information act) ??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
my friends passport is being held all the time, when he crossing the boarders (for the last 4 weeks) (it was never before)

they would go away, put some info and then would return passport, and they wouldn't tell whats the issues.

how can he request the information ? (he is European citizen and based in UK , he highly suspect he has been reported to tax authorities by the family enemies)

please help how can he get/request the information ?

thanks for help
edit on 25-12-2010 by angelx666 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-12-2010 by angelx666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by angelx666

what country is holding it? I would think to just ask when they hold it, why theres always an issue.. I used to get held before boarding planes, they said my name was similar to a terrorists'. but maybe I dont know 100% what you mean by held. they dont detain him do they?

anothrr thing, if he thinks he has an idea why, perhaps he should rectify that situation.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

he is asking but they would tell or lie, so he wants to request official information. how can he do it ?

country is UK

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by angelx666

Possible similar spelling of name on watch list (in this case you will never be told). It could also be due to a "credible threat" report (reports that are almost NEVER credible) related to points of departure, arrival or both.
In either case since they are only interested in the passport (you do not mention his person or property being examined) it would not hurt to simply ask (calm and respectful demeanor) why it keeps happening, doing so could help remove the flags.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Trublbrwing

they would not tell at the border. so this is the question : how can he officially request info????

its for sure not a name of a terrorist or old passport. the guy is proper citizen with french name

he wants to know whats going on.

so how can he fillup official info request and to whom? few years ago i found info where you can request info on yourself if you are being investigated, so what is it ?

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
? so nobody ?

new topics

top topics

join