It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi Arabia dumps Somali refugees in war zone.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Human Rights Watch has criticized Saudi Arabia for deporting Somali refugees, including children to a recognized war-zone:
www.google.com...

Especially since its civil war Somalia has had a huge diaspora.
Some cities in South Africa have changed their social and religious character within a decade of the Somalian influx.
Despite their success in business and general moral character, the overall effect is rather slum-like, and it has led to xenophobia and fears of terrorist infiltration. Other customs like female circumcision are also wholly foreign to many places to which they flock in sizable enclaves.

Although Somalians should enjoy rights as refugees, and many bring beneficial skills, one can imagine that the US and several Western countries must wonder why they should accommodate the constant flood of refugees.

Surely a fellow Islamic country would be better suited to their cultural needs?
Yet, Saudi Arabia has little compassion, and drops them off right back where they came from.
How do people feel about this?
edit on 24-12-2010 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
So Saudi has the courage to say, "we don't want you here" in a way that cannot be mistaken.

I wish we had as much courage.

It is a sorry thing for these people, but there has to be a better way.

When TSHTF in this country where will our refugees go?
hmmm, maybe Mexico?
Surely they will retun the favor of us taking their poor and welcome us.
And I wonder how many Mexican will decide they really liked Mexico better after all.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by OhZone

I can imagine the liberal outcry if Britain, Germany, the US or South Africa dropped of thousands of Somalis in a war-zone. But let me guess, some apologists to this will say:
- the Saudis are the real Muslims
- other countries also deport illegal immigrants
I can imagine how this causes much anger in many non-Muslim countries.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Perhaps we should encourage some UN charter that communities must first be taken in by countries of their own culture and faith, before they can even apply elsewhere.

new topics

top topics

join