It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Saw Santa Clause on Christmas Morning 1956

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I Saw Santa Clause on Christmas Morning 1956.

I had just turned 5 years old a few days before that Christmas Morning in 1956. We lived in the country, about 20 miles away from the nearest city, but in that time it may as well have been a hundred. I remember hearing something, the faint jingle of bells, and was instantly wide awake and on the move. I shot from my small bed against the wall and dashed to the cold, single-paned window. Looking through it, I saw one of the most extraordinary things of my young life: it was Santa’s Sleigh! A big grin spread across my face as I saw it swoop and dip in the sky, the team of Reindeer prancing on air. As quickly as my excitement mounted, Santa, his Sleigh, and all the Reindeer flashed into the distance, becoming a speck before disappearing completely. I could still hear the bells ringing and jolly laughter fading into the distance.

It was early yet, after daylight, but too early for me to be up. Still, it was Christmas, and Santa had just left my house. I went first to the tree and checked out all the goodies just moments before acquired. A 5-year old just doesn’t know how to contain both pleasure and excitement while remaining quiet, so it was only a matter of minutes before my parents joined me in the living room and appropriately ‘oohed’ and ‘ahhed’ over my new-found riches. I remember excitedly telling them about seeing Santa, and wondering why they weren’t as excited as I.

Well, as the years have come and gone, I realize why they might not have been so thrilled; still, that event is one of my strongest early memories. It’s my first of Christmas and I can still hear the jingling bells and jolly laughter. I can still see the Reindeer rushing away across the sky. I can still feel the cold from the window against my cheek.

And yet – now – I know it was a child’s imagination, an expression of a wonderfully complex and capable human mind. The mind is capable of so much.

I still think of that morning, almost exclusively around this time of year for some reason, and I wonder . . . I wonder what if I had seen a flying disc, or perhaps one just at the edge of the woods behind the house. What if, instead of Santa, I had seen 2 or 3 short, spindly, grey figures with over-sized heads and large, slanted eyes? Would I now realize that it was a child’s imagination and wishful thinking, or would I still believe I had an alien encounter at an early age?

And I also wonder just how many others have experienced the same thing I did that morning so long ago – but how many saw a disc and grey beings on their equivalent morning instead of Santa?

edit on 12/24/2010 by Wonderer77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Wonderer77

I still think of that morning, almost exclusively around this time of year for some reason, and I wonder . . . I wonder what if I had seen a flying disc, or perhaps one just at the edge of the woods behind the house. What if, instead of Santa, I had seen 2 or 3 short, spindly, grey figures with over-sized heads and large, slanted eyes? Would I now realize that it was a child’s imagination and wishful thinking, or would I still believe I had an alien encounter at an early age?

So..????
What's your gripe if they left presents under your tree..??

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL ON EARTH AND OTHER PLACES..

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Sorry but Im calling HOAX .........

Just kidding. Good story bro.

Merry Christmas and so on and so forth

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I still believe in Santa Claus.

The spirit lives in the hearts and imaginations of only the most blessed.

Merry Christmas and a Blissfully wondrous New Year...

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719

Sorry but Im calling HOAX .........

Just kidding. Good story bro.

Merry Christmas and so on and so forth

Don't blame you at all . . . sadly, no proof to offer . . .

Thanks.

And to all a good night . . .

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Actually I enjoyed your post and would like to hear more. I like how you tied the greys in to the theme of imagination and I think I know where you were going with that.

No need for any proof my friend, we are all ears.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Oh, how can you call a HOAX on someones cute little christmas story. lol.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   

I saw him too.

What happened was I had traveled back in time using a crystal-induced quantum wave fluctuation machine. It was 1976 in Possum Point West Virginia, there was this old shanty bar set up near a truck stop where all manner of seedy characters used to go. That's when I saw him, he had to be at least four hundred pounds and he was dressed in a sleeveless flannel red and green vest. It was especially weird because bigfoot came in after a few minutes and challenged him to an arm wrestling competition. Santa Claus won and, of course, bigfoot accused him of using magic to cheat afterward the reindeer showed up on their Harley Davidson motorcycles and Santa rode away with them. It was pretty awesome.
edit on 24-12-2010 by Titen-Sxull because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   

A child's imagination is magical. Makes one wonder what would happen if the nay sayers (adults!) didn't "kill" it.

I remember seeing Rudolph in the sky. My mom pointed out a red light (now I realize it was a plane), but I could swear I saw Rudolph dip down and then back up into the sky. I was tickled to death. Now I know it was a strong imagination, but it was probably the most exciting time of my young life.

Great post over all, OP! A shiny star for you!

Merry Christmas!!!

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Sorry, double post.
edit on 12/24/2010 by gemineye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Santa clause...Perhaps the first false person we teach to our children. Tell the big man that comes from the sky in a flying craft of some sort, our wishes... What we want for christmas, our deepest adolesent desires. Flash forward 30 yrs later and most people laugh at you if you were to state that you belive in a Santa Clause. Yet, they look at you funny and argue and perhaps get angry if you say that you do not believe in Jesus Christ. Santa and Jesus Christ go hand in hand dont they?... At least in todays world. People are forced to feel they need to buy, spend and pray. Whether it be Santa or Jesus. Toys or Church Take something so wonderful as a childs imagination and tell them a story and they believe its real like the pain they feel when they get a cut on their finger..as they mature into an adult, the big man in the sky is no longer considered real. And we are forced to come to terms that everything we thought we ever knew is false. And yet we still believe that god and our government will protect us from danger and evil doers. yeah you probably seen aliens Merry Christmas

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

Now there's a whole bunch of images it's going to take a minute to get out of my mind. For just a moment, a couple banjos almost overshadowed the jingle bells . . .

Goes to show imagination isn't limited to children; still, I think they hold title to that born of innocence. Thank you.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
I still believe in Santa Claus.

The spirit lives in the hearts and imaginations of only the most blessed.

Merry Christmas and a Blissfully wondrous New Year...

Very well said, antar.

I suppose we're both blessed then, perhaps twice over, because we both believe in Santa and children's innocent imaginations.

Best wishes to you and all this season and beyond.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Thank you and yes I too was wondering if it may have been a benevolent alien visitation, I say benevolent because a child just knows and cannot be deceived. Either way a wonderful experience of the heart.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I believe that you most definitely saw something that day, but after carefully assessing your testimony i would have to conclude that what you in fact saw was either a Chinese lantern, weather balloon or swamp gas.

Merry Christmas !!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I would like to be the first to say- What if?

As a medium, I HATE it when people tell their children its just their imagination. Because its not- its real. Their imaginary friend is real. The monsters in the closet are real. Children at age of 5 dont hallucinate because of their belief system.

So- being a child you are very wide open pyshically and can see things in the elemental world that adults cannot. I for one believed in Santa Clause until I was 11- and I Hate my parents for not telling me the truth that long- but for many years I also swore that I heard the bells, heard the pitter pats of reindeer on the roof- and even one year found a large footprint of what i thought was the easter bunny one year.

I guess my point is- instead of fearing that you had a "plant" from an alien abduction scenario- consider that you did actually see the spiritual existance of santa clause. If so many children believe, it has to manifest him spiritually. Perhaps that, like a ghost, is what you REALLY saw in the sky that night

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   
It's strange, but at my age, I'm starting to wonder if it's possible he could be real. My parents never allowed me to "believe" in a fairy tale, and I in turn raised my own children that way. However, with all I've learned over the years, I think there might really be something to it.

I think it's ironic that NORAD and Google have teamed up to "track" Santa every year, and yet here are astronauts referring to a UFO as Santa:

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Here's a story for you, my dad, who is 69 still swears to this day that he saw Santa out his window at around the age of 7 or 8. I remember as a kid him telling us about what he saw and it always fascinated me, not only because it was real live sighting by someone I knew and trusted but to this day he still swears he saw him. I asked him seriously one day, (i'm 40 so no need to continue with the "story" lol), and he still claims to have seen him. Now some background, my dad got polio when he was 7 yrs old, spent 18 months in a hospital in a time when your family only visited about once a week for a few hrs. Because of this he became a very light sleeper, no sneaking home after a late night out when i was a kid lol. Was this a gift to a kid who needed to see something like this at that time in his life? An apparition of an overactive imagination? Whatever the reason I choose to believe not only because I know him personally(my dad not santa lol) but because I think we all need some christmas cheer and believing in something you can't see isn't always bad is it?

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I tell my son Santa is real, along with all those beings we call myths or fairy tales, I dont want him to lose that childlike wonder of the world
We watched The Polar Express the other night, and we talked about the boy's problem, he started to disbelieve, which is why he didnt hear the sleigh bells. But as we know, in the end, he heard the bell's sweet chime once more, and never lost the belief again.
Because of my son's belief, I have foyund my belief in the joy of Christmas once more, and actually ENJOYED this holiday season, whereas in the past, I dreaded itv and hated it.
We ALL need to re-believe as that boy did, and hear the sleigh bell again.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I "heard" Santa late one Christmas eve night. I was so excited and I heard what sounded like sleigh bells and the hooves of the reindeer, and I remember trying to force myself to go to sleep so that he wouldn't realize I was awake and leave without putting my gifts under the tree. I'm almost 30 now and I know I heard something that night. The funny thing is that we didn't have a fireplace, so he really should have just used the front door!
Most likely it was just my overactive imagination, but sometimes I wonder what it was that I heard.

As an adult, I'm not sure if I'm going to tell my kids about Santa. Yes, it does make kids more excited and it's nice to see them happy and eager around the holidays, but does anyone remember the disappointment when you found out that Santa wasn't real? I don't know if I could do that to my kids...

top topics

join