It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is you're government hiding a secret about doomsday? or...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
On a daily basis, we all, for whatever reasons, wonder if our government(s) are hiding something from us. More importantly, we focus on the origin of the topic being hidden. We wonder about secret viruses hidden in underground labs. We wonder about secret bases hidden in unmarked buildings right infront of our eyes, in the cities we walk through on a daily basis... and we even wonder about somethings not on our planet.

I typically like to think of ways the world could end, more than when it is going to happen, or who may already know about it. I suppose this thinking is new to me as it was sparked when I discovered a video a while back (not too far back), that showed me something spectacular.

The video was posted back in September, of 2010 and to save you sometime, I'll simply quote the description given by the uploader.

View of the solar system showing the locations of all the asteroids starting in 1980, as asteroids are discovered they are added to the map and highlighted white so you can pick out the new ones.
The final colour of an asteroids indicates how closely it comes to the inner solar system.
Earth Crossers are Red
Earth Approachers (Perihelion less than 1.3AU) are Yellow
All Others are Green
Notice now the pattern of discovery follows the Earth around its orbit, most discoveries are made in the region directly opposite the Sun. You'll also notice some clusters of discoveries on the line between Earth and Jupiter, these are the result of surveys looking for Jovian moons. Similar clusters of discoveries can be tied to the other outer planets, but those are not visible in this video.
As the video moves into the mid 1990's we see much higher discovery rates as automated sky scanning systems come online. Most of the surveys are imaging the sky directly opposite the sun and you'll see a region of high discovery rates aligned in this manner.
At the beginning of 2010 a new discovery pattern becomes evident, with discovery zones in a line perpendicular to the Sun-Earth vector. These new observations are the result of the WISE (Widefield Infrared Survey Explorer) which is a space mission that's tasked with imaging the entire sky in infrared wavelengths.
Currently we have observed over half a million minor planets, and the discovery rates snow no sign that we're running out of undiscovered objects.

Now alot of you probably have already noticed the amount of red (planet crossers) on the grid actually crossed, and I thought to myself, if we were being bombarded like that, we'd already be living in caves or dead. But then I remembered that we don't live on a 2D plain... alot those are going over or under us, and can be quite a few AU's away when crossing.

When I look at this and realise exactly how many times we've dodged possible doomsday scenarios, it makes me a little sick to my stomache. It's a realization that it doesn't matter if your government is conspiring not to tell you anything about them or whether or not they have bunkers. Look at the sheer amount of bullets in every shape, size, and element. They wouldn't be left alive to talk about this.

Maybe the only conspiracy is that they don't won't tell us that they don't know. Of the ones depicted in this video... can you believe that we still know what about only 30-40% of the objects in orbit actually are? Maybe the only secret is that they don't know and they are completely bonkers about not being able to know something, like they know almost everything going on, on Earth.

Every satellite-telescope we throw up into space for discovery only lets us know more and more about exactly how vulnerable we are, not to aliens or galactic beings, but just chunks of rock and metal crusing the gravitational pull of our solar system.

Enjoy every year you have on this planet, because you never know which one will end with a bang. This has hit me as a conspiracy-breaker regarding asteroids heading towards Earth... that entire scenario is blow away when you consider what the Govt could know VS what they have no chance of knowing.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Yes, they are hiding a major secret.

But it's not just space rocks, it's Earth who is changing. Earthquakes, volcanic activity, are only getting more intense and will continue to... that's all i'll say.

edit on 23-12-2010 by Mayura because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Shikamaru

makes you think just how fragile we are doesnt it...and watching that video just makes us seem so insignificant...i also like the music...mellow

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
As Wayne Madsen likes to say, “The government lies and lies all the time. It even lies when the truth would serve it well."

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I think you got it when you said governments just do not know, and I am also certain they wouldn't tell us if they did. It's no secret that doomsday is on their minds. We should all be prepared as best we can for any scenario. I don't think anything major will happen in my lifetime, but I am as prepared as I can be for whatever may happen.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Watching the video, if the modeling is correct, reminds me of how our planet Earth, generates its own magnetosphere. I assume the Solar System does the same and gives rise to the Heliopause or bubble that surrounds our solar system. Amazing how micro and macro scales look much-alike, isn't it?

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
What caught my attention was when NASA opened up the skies with open welcomes to all the private astronomers to keep an eye out for NEO's. Seems like we are being pelted all the time by dangerous and potentially disastrous fragments sailing into our atmosphere. There are many possible reasons for it, perhaps that is the big secret?

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Thanks all for the replies and interest. I just never realised how much in harm's way we are. I also never realised how much thanks we have to give to the other planets in our system for stopping most of the bullets before they even reach us. It's like we're trapped in one of those golf ranges and everyone wants to hit earth

Honestly I don't think we'd ever know of an impending asteroid strike, and most people would probably say our GOVT tried to hide it, when in fact, the object was moving too fast to make any preparations for it.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by trekwebmaster Amazing how micro and macro scales look much-alike, isn't it?

As above, so below.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Reply to post by tamusan

Really? Nothing major? How old are you? 100? Or do you deactivate IEDs for a living? Or do you just "know too much" for your own good??

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Reply to post by tamusan

Really? Nothing major? How old are you? 100? Or do you deactivate IEDs for a living? Or do you just "know too much" for your own good??

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

top topics

join