It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Camel - Never Let Go. Prophetic Song?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I just came across this song, and noticed the lyrics. Prophetic? I tend to think the true messengers of peace/love and the "answers" are the musicians. The channelers of the sound of the universe.

Crazy preachers of our doom
Telling us there is no room.
Not enough for all mankind
And the seas of time are running dry.
Don't they know it's a lie...

Man is born with the will to survive,
He'll not take no for an answer.
He will get by, somehow he'll try,
He won't take no, never let go, no...

I hear them talk about Kingdom Come,
I hear them discuss Armageddon...
They say the hour is getting late,
But I can still hear someone say,
That is not the way...

www.youtube.com...
edit on 21-12-2010 by rabzdguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by rabzdguy

I don't know about any "special" meaning in the lyrics, but I love this song! The guitar line was SO evocative and still stands on it's own from an age where most people where still doing blues licks. Great song

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
One of my favourite bands, and an awesome song! However, given the time it was written, the early seventies, I think it was more topical than predictive. Which doesn't, of course, diminish from Andy Latimer's awesomeness

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Great band and song, never would have expected them to show up on ATS though! Does Camel have a following these days?

Certainly a song ahead of its time, or at least at the cusp of its own time... Is it a prediction or prophecy? I don't believe in set timelines, I trust in my own free will and that of my fellow conscious entities... this song kinda just affirms the true power of humankind and love and such
wouldn't say it's any more a prediction than in Jurassic Park when they say "Life... will find a way..."

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by tetsuo
Great band and song, never would have expected them to show up on ATS though! Does Camel have a following these days?

They did a "farewell tour" a few years ago -- Andy had some major health issues, and it didn't appear that he was long for this world, but they've apparently been sorted out and he's doing well. But I haven't heard of new material or tours on the horizon. I'd guess that most fans these days are people like me, who liked them from the 70s.

See www.camelproductions.com....

top topics

join