It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Accosted outside Theater

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 07:44 AM
link   
After watching the movie, my girlfriend and I exited the theater and were approached by many people with petitions calling for Bush's impeachment, repealing the Patriot Act, and trying to register people to vote democrat. When I said I wasn't interested, I was asked whether I saw the movie. I said yes and continued walking. They then said that I should know what kind of person Bush is and that Kerry would be better. I then said that I didn't plan on voting for either candidate. That was even worse in their book. I was then surrounded so that I couldn't walk away. They started shouting quotes from the movie and I did my best to reply from the information that I knew. When they determined they couldn't rustle me and that I was actually getting others to think about the movie they started calling me a right wing wacko. My girlfriend (a registered democrat) laughed at them because she knows I am far from right wing. They began to laugh at her for being with "a guy who has his head in his a$$". I finally pushed away through the circle and got away. You would think they would be happy by me just spending the money to listen to their story, but I guess they were upset that I couldn't be hypnotized.

[edit on 6-7-2004 by slickwilly95991]

join