It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Administration Purchases Google 'obamacare' Search Results

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
*that's the title of the story

Obama Admin Story here

Type in a search of “ObamaCare” into Google — the world’s most popular search engine — and the results may surprise you. According to Politico’s Ben Smith, the Obama administration has purchased top billing to divert internet surfers away from antagonist websites to a new “sponsored link” — the Department of Health and Human Service’s (HHS) healthcare.gov

Politico

The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services has bought a Google advertisement to steer people searching for "ObamaCare" to a page that is customized to detect searchers' locations and steer them both to local health insurance information and to a list of "what's in the law for you."

Healthcare.gov

Your tax dollars at work.
Capitalism and free market?
Tax payers paying for Obama propaganda?
Alls fair in love, war, and politics?
Just wait until 'they' police the internet! YIKES!!

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Well they really aren't getting their money's worth then because when I put ObamaCare into Google the first link was to the www.healthcare.gov/ website but the very next one was to DemandObamacareRepeal.com.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Perhaps they are going to try to copyright it so they can ban the criticism from the web!! Lol!

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

the healthcare.gov link is an ad and it is identified at the bottom of the page.

A federal government Website managed by the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen
Perhaps they are going to try to copyright it so they can ban the criticism from the web!! Lol!

Honestly, I'm thinking that's at least part of it. And I'm not happy that my tax money is going to this. Heck .. I guess I shouldn't be surprised. They waste tax money on all sorts of things, and this pushing of an agenda is just more of the same. Buying a search result .. yikes! Hope. Change. Transparancy. Yeah ...

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Perhaps it is an attempt to set the record straight in a few areas.

PolitiFact's Lie of the Year: 'A government takeover of health care'

In the spring of 2009, a Republican strategist settled on a brilliant and powerful attack line for President Barack Obama's ambitious plan to overhaul America's health insurance system. Frank Luntz, a consultant famous for his phraseology, urged GOP leaders to call it a "government takeover." "Takeovers are like coups," Luntz wrote in a 28-page memo. "They both lead to dictators and a loss of freedom." The line stuck. By the time the health care bill was headed toward passage in early 2010, Obama and congressional Democrats had sanded down their program, dropping the "public option" concept that was derided as too much government intrusion. The law passed in March, with new regulations, but no government-run plan. But as Republicans smelled serious opportunity in the midterm elections, they didn't let facts get in the way of a great punchline.

Linkey

I have my own questions about many policies passing and not being passed right now, but at least my veteran son has health insurance for the first time since returning from the Middle East and enrolling in college because of this passage. Many folks don't realize that veterans are no longer entitled to seek medical treatment at VA hospitals - even while they are in college on the G.I. Bill. Unless you retire from the military or have a specific injury from your service that needs re-treated - you are no longer eligible to go there. Yes, this is a specific case, but at least it helps us do a little more right in the way of our veterans.

Healthcare is something Republicans seem to be trying to block for more than just veterans too. I find it disgusting that the Republicans performed a filibuster to stop coverage and help for 911 first responders. Jon Stewart should be applauded for this:

Jon Stewart 09/11 First Responders React

It is so easy to scream and yell that healthcare coverage is a bad thing - until the person or family members standing next to you are ill and have no coverage. At a minimum, I hope someday our common humanity unites us all on the need for people to have access to adequate health care.

Here's hoping we can someday unite on care and coverage that is fair and accessible by all.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by DancedWithWolves
Perhaps it is an attempt to set the record straight in a few areas.

I appreciate your optimism, but we are dealing with politicians. The obama administration has proven itself to be no different than any other administration when it comes to lies and breaking campaign promises. This looks simply to be them using tax payer money to purchase google results and thus spread their agenda. IMHO

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

And, I appreciate your cynicism. Truly - we have been messed with before in America by politicians who think allowing a problem to become a crisis helps a cause. The problem is real though. We, out here in the heartland of America, are dealing with friends and family with illnesses and diseases that the redlining healthcare/insurance industry has denied services and coverage to for decades. People are dying. I'll spend a little money for people to find out where and how they can find coverage in a link. It is a far greater cause, in my opinion, than bank bailouts and war. That's where your big bucks are going. May our humanity and concern for the health and well-being of one another unite us someday. Peace.
edit on 20-12-2010 by DancedWithWolves because: Coffee hasn't kicked in yet.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Whenever I see articles like this one, I think of this quote
“The most brilliant propagandist technique will yield no success unless one fundamental principle is borne in mind constantly - it must confine itself to a few points and repeat them over and over”
Joseph Goebbels

Unfortunately, the Obama Administration has reminded me of Goebbels "administration" to many times recently.

top topics

join