It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Taxpayers Money Being Wasted On Those Who Can't Be Responsible

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Was listening to Sky News, catching up on todays events and i heard a report on the newly dubbed "Black Friday" (yesterady). This day was the last working friday before christmas and was very busy with party people out and about. Now i have no problem at all with people going out and celebrating and having fun. What i do have a problem with is our countries money being totally wasted on extra resources and policing etc because of people who are too drunk to either talk or get themselves home.

Now i know people get their drinks spiked etc but the news report was showing people who were lying asleep on the pavement who were totally wasted. The government have decided to set up emergency shelters to let drunk people sleep and recieve medical attention from paramedics etc.

Black Friday

What annoys me about this is peoples complete disregard for themselves and others. This country is on its knees and people cannot even have the decency to just have 1 or 2 less drinks. the government think its appropriate to put up shelters and use our resources on drunk people, when no offence but if those poeple are stupid and inconsiderate enough then they should just be left...when will people start taking responsibility for their own actions? And when will this government start leading this country?

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Before balming someone for having a drink, look at tax avoidence

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizzylizzy
Before balming someone for having a drink, look at tax avoidence

I'm not blaming anyone. People can drink what they want and when they want. All i'm saying is that its unfair for the rest of the general population to have to fund their irresponsibility because they are too drunk to even stay awake or talk, let alone get home.

I dont think its unreasonable to have an opinion on this subject when there are millions of people who have very little money or no job and cant get employment and prices keep going up, yet its fair to fund these emergency shelters because adults cant be adults?
edit on 18/12/10 by jrmcleod because: (no reason given)

join