It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ghost towns of China: Amazing satellite images show cities meant to be home to millions lying de

page: 1/
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   

The ghost towns of China: Amazing satellite images show cities meant to be home to millions lying deserted

Link To Article - Satellite Images Of MASSIVE Ghost Cities Being Built

These amazing satellite images show sprawling cities built in remote parts of China that have been left completely abandoned, sometimes years after their construction.

Elaborate public buildings and open spaces are completely unused

Some estimates put the number of empty homes at as many as 64 million, with up to 20 new cities being built every year in the country's vast swathes of free land.
The photographs have emerged as a Chinese government think tank warns that the country's real es
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 18-12-2010 by ModernAcademia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
What exactly is going on here?
Massive Ghost Cities all around China?

Who knows what the Chinese know, this country is just building massive empty cities while the western world is only controlling interest rates and ensuring high real estate prices.

Here is an explanation of it, but take it with a grain of salt

Though the video speaks of spreading or displacing wealth it may very well be something else.

The chinese man at the of the video was very intelligent, I enjoyed listening to him.

But are these ghost cities part of a conspiracy, a world conspiracy?

[url=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1339536/Ghost-towns-China-Satellite-images-cities-lying-completely-deserted.html]www.dailymail.co.uk[/url ]
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
more than likely, it is just chinese dollars at work allocated to building structures.

my hometown has about 100 miles of paved roads in the middle of nowhere because of a overinflated roadworks budget...they have to burn the funding up, so they just pave and pave, etc.
We call this "batland" because its tons of roads to nowhere, and plenty of bats flying around at night...some big parties when I was younger held down there. epic bonfires in the middle of the street and nothing for miles and miles around.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
This is simply the result of cheap labor. China's wealth will continue to grow as long as the profit margin of its exports stays as high as it is.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I wonder whether those 'ghost' fleets of abandond cargo ships that were shown in the wake of the global financial meltdown are in some way linked...? Did they get scrapped or return to service? Were these cities meant to house workers employed in the continued trade that those ships were also growing? When the trade stopped, was the jobs growth/migration into these new towns held up too?

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Maybe it's to do like North Korea did in the 90s. When people started rioting in the capital... they rounded most of the city up and deported them to a remote area of the country.

China might do this... unrest is rising in China, due to inflation and unemployment.

Or it's cities for post-WW3.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
There building the cities for the aliens that are coming here. There is around 330,000 of them that will need living quarters and work areas. I am just speculating of course as there is no evidence to back this up whatsoever. But, who knows, the Chinese believe their ancestors came from the stars. Maybe they have ruined so much of their country with toxic waste, they had to build new cities to move into while they bury the old ones.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I understand the thought process of thinking this is just whatever
but because this is China, perhaps being cynical and a strong skeptic is necessary

My only point with that is that...... this is China!!!!

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Maybe they envisage large scale (nuke?) attack's on the populated areas and these cities are held back in stand by for the beautiful people who survive to just move right in??

In the west we'd be pretty screwed in such an event, just look at that Katrina mess in the US, everything in the west has no or very little redundancy built in, our power, water, housing financial systems, food supplies and all sorts, in a capitalist society everything boils down to the bottom line, the commies don't typically have that little problem, feed em rice and shoot the trouble makers!

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Nice find
I think these are just the leftovers from their 'construction' boom.
Google Earth will show places in America that are abandoned from foreclosures, too.
Not just excess construction.
Probably entire sections of big towns, i.e., Detroit.

I don't think China is in for a population boom anytime soon.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
There are Ghost cities all over Russia as well. Cities that were built to support a military base or production plant. When the site was closed, the city was just abandoned.

There are even truck loaded ICBM launchers just sitting around that anyone can go and look at... no more guards at the gate. I have those pics here somewhere

The communist would do that a lot build a support city then abandon it. We have a similar city built for the workers at Tonopah, Nevada

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Ah plenty of housing for the UK's immigrants, maybe we should make a deal?

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Here is the gate... as I said no Guards

Here are the missile launchers. I am told the missiles are still in them
Anyone for a field trip to recover them?

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
20 years of growth to fill them? no way.
and they "say" that no one wont to move in.
so they stay empty?
I dont believe any of this.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Those are the Chinese FEMA camps .

On a serious note , I remember when the peak of the oil-boom was going on , here in Oklahoma . Everyone and there cousin converged upon a particular area of the state . The housing shortage was evident upon first glance , you were lucky to be able to rent a motel room . The boom lasted for a few years , and in the meantime , thousands of apartments and houses were built to accomodate the influx of arrivals .

The bottom fell out of the boom , and now , years later , there are scores of housing units that just set vacant . It is practically a ghost-town now .

Just sayin ... The art of economics is , at times , unforgiving .

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Conspiracy wise, maybe they know something is going to happen to their coastal cities? And they are planning ahead? I mean all these cities are being built inland. Or am I mistaken?

Just another maybe
edit on 18-12-2010 by TheRevolutionOf2010 because: spelling

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Anyone for a field trip to recover them?

lol, OK sure you'd get a couple past the TSA, but how the heck do you fit one in your luggage?

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Google "shops" out much of the traffic in many of the cities you'll find on Google Earth.

I know for a fact that the city near where I live has 10,000 times the traffic that shows up on GE. I have to drive it everyday. If the traffic was like waht GE shows, I'd be able to do 120 mph with no problem. Instead, I get stuck creeping along at 20 mph.

You really want to see cities without any traffic? Go check out North Korea. Their entire nation is deserted if one would go with GE. We all know what the traffics like there.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Didn't Russia have great big so called Secret Cities, but I think they actually had thousands of people living there working directly for the USSR Government?

Seems very odd to plough so much money into building all this stuff and not use it though!

We could do with a few thousand new homes here in the UK to cope with all the immigrents!

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
No one is familiar with the housing bubble in China? You are kidding me, aren't you?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join