It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Question to All ATS poster's

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by alonzo730

clearly your uncle was screwed in the mind

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I believe everyone has a right to their say...even if that peeves you off! You're the one with 'Stockholm Syndrome', because you obviously can't think for yourself'! You need someone in authority to tell you what to think/say! You're a moral coward who sits and watches it all happening on the tv, or answers to forums like this? Spineless! is a word that comes to mind! I bet the last demo you were at had something to do with the lack of Digestive biscuits on the go!

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap
reply to post by Ronin22

Some user's call for transparency but then get mad when the result's and consequences of these transparent act's causes a restriction on people gaining knowledge.

Sorry, but that is not valid. This is not the "result" of the people, this is the result of the government. It is people with the view, "don't say anything, keep your head down" that get our planet into trouble. We want something to change, we must change it ourselves. I am not afraid of looking up evidence of government corruption, nor should anyone be afraid to share such information.

Thousands of children are dying NOT from natural causes, every single day. The only reason why this is happening, is because we have allowed these psychopaths to assume global control. If they did not want this to be, it would not. We have the capacity to all live like kings, but it is people not willing to fight for what they believe in who will cause our defeat.

This is the result of the people, people like Assange(sp?). Yes everyone wants change, but not everyone wants positive change, and with Assange(sp?) this is clear, because (again, and I will always stress this point) He is setting up EVERYONE for a rude awakening.

And please do not use children dying everyday as a plea for sympathy to your argument, because it's not only children dying everyday but Humans in general. So let's try to stay on the subject at hand, and if you have the capacity to live like a King, then why are you not living like a king (if I am correct in my assumptions you aren't)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by BuddhasRolex

Originally posted by Ronin22

Originally posted by BuddhasRolex
This is a place for dialog and ideas. I don't agree with everything that is said here but without having a conversation how do you ever understand truth to the best of your ability to perceive it. Even the most mis-guided individuals have some light to shed on what truth is or is not.

Yes this is a place for dialog and ideas, but what majority of ATS user's post are not just dialog or ideas, they swear up and down by the text files they found on some website they found in the dead of night. and honestly not too many user's bring in proof minus video's of people saying the same or electronic created data, it's a very serious and dangerous game being played by people who do not seem to grasp the fact that their words are gaining the attention of people who they clearly don't want to show them the attention they are craving.

I believe it was Thomas Jefferson who said something to the effect that dissidence is one of the highest forms of patriotism. I am a former Marine and the right to be dissident is how I justified my service. If there is something to fear about being dissident then that is the most important time to be just that. If there are consequences for this, mis-guided or not, those who speak out for their belief should be applauded

Dissident
disagreeing especially with an established religious or political system, organization, or belief
Source: www.merriam-webster.com...

Well I am applauding you for serving your country thats major, secondly the difference in Disagreeing and the actions of Assange(sp?) & his supporters, as well as many user's here on ATS is A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT BALLPARK & STORY.

To disagree is saying for example...
Person A: I disagree with what President Obama has done with the War on Iraq

what I am seeing and not agreeing with is people going way beyond that, wishing to see America brought down and ended. there is even user's sick enough to post they hope all American troops die, even have facebook groups dedicated to sickness like that. So no, Disagreeing and what I am referring to is two completely different things.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
reply to post by Ronin22

...I would keep tab's on ALL of you user's who bash their own government, applaud treason, and call for revolution & the moment I was able to gather you all up and put you away as to not be a problem I would have to worry about anymore, I would.

I just don't understand most of you folks goals or purposes for the actions you take that are clearly suicidal and self-harming in nature.

They probably do, to some degree. At the least, there is a system likely monitoring catch phrases...

But in any case, the internet forums offer up a public podium to anyone who wants to jump up and rant/rave/discuss/dissect the topics of their choice. I see it functioning not as a call to action, but more of a public venting arena (in most cases). Maybe it's true, maybe not - but I take everything here (and elsewhere online) with a grain of salt and a lot of skepticism. People have a need to kvetch... these types of forums offer them a way to do so as well as interact with others who are also doing so. It's more fulfilling then a blog, less work then actual action.

See, my point is clearly not being accepted well or not even being seen. Yes this is a internet forum where people can rant(ie. what the mod's feel I am doing now :lol
/rave/discuss/dissect as you have said, but the problem is the subjects in which they are discussing and the point of views in which they stand on these subjects. Like I have said, alot of users are setting themselves up with a huge target painted on their persons. and I just do not get why they risk it.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by klaatu4711
Here's a thought: maybe there is no conspiracy; maybe it's all a ruse to generate traffic to websites & sell books, I mean, you've read all the BS threads, right? Yes, I take everything with a grain of salt as well.

I am not debating the validity of the subjects being discussed, nor am I debating the traffic they generate for websites or publicity it gains to help sell books. What I am discussing is the problem(s) it set's up for a not only themselves, but the repercussions it can possibly pose for those who know or care nothing of these subjects being talked about & the people involved in these subjects, and the power in which they possess to shut these talks down.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Ronin22

Nah.. I understood your point. Despite the tendency for people to believe that they are the focus and what they say is most important, it is generally only true unto themselves. If people (in general) really knew how little time is spent by others, thinking about them, it would be a huge eye-opener for most... IMHO of course...

edit on 18-12-2010 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
i agree people need to figure out what side of the fence their on and then stay on it

<< 1   >>

join