It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's Your Avatar Symbolize?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I'm making this thread as an opportunity for you to share what your avatar symbolizes, because I've noticed a lot of people have very deep and symbolic avatars that say a lot about their personality and beliefs.

Here's my input:
My avatar is of a wolf. To me, a wolf symbolizes fierceness and determination, because a wolf will stop at nothing to bring down it's prey. But in order to accomplish these feats, the wolf needs the help of it's pack - just like how one conspiracy theorist means nothing to the outside world, and needs the help of others that support their ideas in order to have an impact in the world. Also note that the image is a silhouette, a very definitive one. This relates to me because my opinions and beliefs are very definitive, and are not easily influenced by the ideas of others or majority. Yet despite all this, a wolf is a very beautiful animal, and people sometimes have a hard time looking past this fact and don't understand how it could actually be such a vicious animal - and I am a 13 year old girl, and lots of people would have a hard time looking past this to understand that I really do have these strong beliefs and ideas alike the people here at ATS.

I'm looking forward to reading what your avatars mean

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by nicolee123nd

How lazy I am.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   

My Avatar is of cloud from Final fantasy 7, I use it as it symbolises a "Good" In curruption

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
My avatar symbolizes the existential dread one face's when they realize nothing really exists.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I run my town. By my town I mean my inner world. I decide what's important, what's irrelevant, who to declare war on, and who I make allies with. There are a ton of high ranking evil asses out there trying to invade it, take my spot, and re-decorate the place.. but that's not gonna happen.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

We should have a knife party.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
good idea for a thread I have always wondered about some Avatars.

mine represents humans and how most in the herd sees the world, I could write a short story on my Avvy. with the many various meanings but the best way to describe it is 42...
edit on 12/17/2010 by -W1LL because: wright right write , whos to say... SP

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by -W1LL
good idea for a thread I have always wondered about some Avatars.

mine represents humans and how most in the herd sees the world, I could wright a short story on my Avvy. with the many various meanings but the best way to describe it is 42...

The answer!

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
groovy thread idea. thanks for the opportunity to learn a bit about the ATS community.

as with my 'name', the avatar represents the patchwork of ideas and beliefs that we weave together to encompass our faiths and perspectives of the world at large.

plus, i always though it was a spooky cool image from the day i nicked it off the web.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   

My avatar is self-explanatory....different players, same game.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
My avatar is a simple album cover that´s been cropped and enhanced. Iniquity, "The Hidden Lore". A testament to my laziness and inability to operate Photoshop. Some alien/insect creature is observing something it extracted out of its own body (?). It could be an egg or some magical orb. Perhaps a tiny little universe. Ours?

Um... I do feel like an alien sometimes... The tiny little spark? Ancient knowledge waiting to be unlocked? Whatever it is, many metal albums have some really amazing artwork and it is likely I´ll pick another one as my second attempt at a decent looking avatar

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Mine symbolizes Present Land, where the present children are blessed with toys for Christmas.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
A duck.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
The stuff behind the scenes that makes everything work.
That loud mechanical thing behind the locked door that no one has ever seen.
The scary honeycomb of wires in the basement.
That long power line that snakes across the countryside so far that you never find it’s ends. You have seen it crossing that road all your life but you have no idea where it comes from, or where it goes.
That strange buzzing box in the dark corner that you don’t dare touch.

Stuff that is a complete mystery to most who see it.
Stuff that is rarely cared for.
Stuff that you only find out about when it dies.

Stuff that very few people understand, and even fewer truly comprehend the wonder of it’s very existence and how truly important it is.

It is a unique feeling to be standing under a power line that stretches across the landscape as far as the eye can see. To fully understand that 100 miles away in that direction there is a huge power plant at one end with turbines that would dwarf a house, screaming along day in day out. And 100 miles away at the other end is a city of 50,000 people that the line powers. To feel that hum that goes down to your bones. To inherently know that is the lifeblood of a city that is flowing by you. The respect that it demands, can not be described. The fifth wonder of the world in any way you want to describe it. And to know that it is in plain sight of millions that ignore it and take it for granted every day. That simple fact has changed the way I perceive the world. I do not take it for granted any more. I understand that it is a system that relies on the people keep it running, and people rely on it.

Most of my life, I have been fixing that hidden stuff in the background of society.
So, as I have grown older, I have started to feel like I resemble more and more the stuff I am working on.

People don’t seem to care about me until something breaks. Then I become the most important person in their life. Until the object in question is working properly again, then I become just another person to them.

I am one of those people behind the scenes that builds and maintains that stuff behind the scenes

But the people, and equipment in the background hold an inherent power over the population they serve. And that power should be fully understood and respected. If you don’t comprehend the power in the background then you are at the mercy of what goes on behind the scenes with no way to control it, or even give it the simple respect it deserves.

A full knowledge of what goes on behind the scenes will give you an ability to anticipate what will happen if something fails and will give you an idea how to go about preparing for that failure and fixing the failure if it should happen.

And most important of all. It will give you an idea of what other people will be doing behind the scenes to fix the problem. And those people won’t be standing still. They have invested their lives into those systems. To think they will take anything standing down is a miscalculation that can not be rectified.

If you put pressure on the system through natural or regulatory methods, then you may get a response you wasn’t expecting. And that response may be the exact opposite of what you were wanting. The response isn’t decided by the mindless people that produce the stupid regulations. It is decided by the people that control the system. We will try to work around the obstacles, either natural, or manmade, to keep the system running. Regulations are not guide post to be followed; they are obstacles to be worked around in any way posible. For the people that write the regulations do not comprehend the impact of those regulations, and we have grown to expect that incompetence from regulators. That is why we have gotten use to ignoring those regulations when ever possible. That is what happens when people don’t respect the people, systems and technology behind the scenes.

The stuff, and people behind the scenes does not produce a monotone response to every stimuli, It if an interactive responsive system that responds differently to every stimuli. The people behind the scenes inherently know how the system will respond, they have worked with it all their life. The people outside the system do not.

Are you behind the scenes or in front of them. That is the question.

If you are not one of those people behind the scenes, just remember that we will always be there. And make sure to never underestimate us.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Tranny

what an outstanding reply, you should watch the movie "Everybodies fine" 2009 great movie and reminds me of you almost creepily.
again I must say beautiful reply...

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Mine stands for that little part of everyone hidden deep down inside, the part thats been hurt and scared in one way or another.

That little voice we keep suppresed that says " F**k the rules!! Burn it all !! "

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
From Wikpedia's Turtles all the way down entry:

"Turtles all the way down" is a jocular expression of the infinite regress problem in cosmology posed by the Unmoved mover paradox. The phrase was popularized by Stephen Hawking in 1988. The "turtle" metaphor in the anecdote represents a popular notion of a "primitive cosmological myth", viz. the flat earth supported on the back of a World Turtle.

A comparable metaphor describing the circular cause and consequence for the same problem is the "chicken and egg problem". Another metaphor addressing the problem of infinite regression, albeit not in a cosmological context, is Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? The same problem in epistemology is known as the Münchhausen Trilemma.

Sort of silly and deep both at the same time - I like that.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I was told by stella it represented Pedo Jesus.

edit on 18-12-2010 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Doom. Doomy, doom, doom, doom.

~Heff

top topics

join