It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News: Stargate Universe.....Cancelled.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Next SG? Donno... but Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome is in the works...

Just f'ing ODD.
"Damn Firefly is cool." "inorite? fox really messed up that series, let's do it right!" "CAN IT! IT'S TOO GOOD!"
"Jericho's got some damn good pull, viewers going up every week!" "CAN IT. We don't accept success."
"Caprica's ratings down after extended mid-season break?!" "Can it! We've got WWE NOW!"
"SG:U's ratings are faltering" "Can it! Let them eat Blood and Chrome!"

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by igigi

Originally posted by Oneolddude
They beat that story line to death.

I don't know about that.. SG1 and SG:A had their long runs, but SG:U gets the snip just as it gets interesting?
The difference between SG:U and the other Stargates is that SG:U is a serial drama, whereas SG1/Atlantis was campy/fanboy fodder (imo).

That still didn't stop me from getting redic. addicted to SG:A... MCKAAAYY!!

Lol
I hear ya

SG1 tho, 10 seasons
SGA - 5 seasons
SGU - BLAT... not even 2 real seasons

SG1 - great story, goa'uld everywhere, gates on planets, making ships, nicking tech.. MINT!!!

SGA - well, wraith, friendly wraith, atlantas and puddle jumpers plus MCKAAAAY!!

SGU - The blond, the big boobed army girl and chloe vs the nerd + badboy.

I dunno, I HATED SGU at first, but it got away from then BSG style and started to get great..

Argh I hate TV execs... short sighted impotent twats... if thats even possible..

StarGate: Impotent twats, where TV execs run around the universe in massive holes ruining tv where tehy find it...

edit on 18/12/2010 by badw0lf because: Damn stones I was in a illiterate body.. sorry

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   
NEW IDEA FOR THE DICK HEADS. FINISH STARGATE ATLANTIS BEFORE YOU WRECK ANOTHER DAMN SG SHOW.

I hope richard head and his brother read that..

Oo

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   
I mean WTH! they have a 2 part season finale and didn't show the second part, I want to see what happens to chloe! They started unlocking all the ships systems and were headed toward finishing destiny's final mission...... I'm very upset right now, how dumb could they be!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah and I agree with another poster they should have finished up SGA I mean what happened to the wraith afterall?????

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I must have awful taste in TV.

A lot of the shows that I like get canceled pretty quickly.

I guess that's what happens when you like science fiction; those shows never last.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   

It might have to do with your sketchy mid-season breaks, Syfy...

Yep, that probably was a factor, and Syfy isn't alone. Some cable networks and major networks too either do this, or have long breaks (look at the break for V!)....that could end up killing otherwise decent shows.

Personally, not really a fan of the new Galactica or SG series. Loved the old BSG, and loved the SG movie, but I want my Cylons chromed up and shiny, saying, "By your command", and with Starbuck being a womanizing dude... I'd probably like the SG series if I watched the original from day 1 though.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
The series has 10 episodes remaining in its second season and Syfy will air these episodes as planned next Spring.

Here's hoping that after ANOTHER MID SEASON BREAK CANCELLATION..... Syfy gets the message and kicks SG:U back up!!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join