It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calif. on Verge of Major Greenhouse Gas Rules

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Calif. on Verge of Major Greenhouse Gas Rules

www.cbsnews.com

(AP) California is on the verge of creating the first system in the nation to give polluting companies such as utilities or refineries financial incentives to emit fewer greenhouse gases.

They hope their plan will inspire other states to follow, while officials in the state - the world's eighth-largest economy - discuss plans to link the new system with similar ones under way or being planned in Canada, Europe and Asia.

California is trying to "fill the vacuum created by the failure of Con
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I applaud there efforts, but it is a high risks game here. Not only is California on the verge of implementing these new greenhouse rules, but they are also on the verge of bankruptcy.

Im still a believer in Global climate change and I like what there trying to do. My Real support of this is for the reason stated by Gov. Arnold:

"I despise that we send $1 billion a year to foreign places for oil and to places and people that hate us, and who are organizing terrorists against us," he said.

I Hate this more than worrying about the climate change debate...Im sick of our money going to parts of the world that seem to hate us!!!!

www.cbsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Well up to the people of Cali to fight it right?

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bonified Ween
Well up to the people of Cali to fight it right?

From the article:

The board began hearing testimony Thursday and will likely vote on the regulations on Friday. Outside the chambers, a few climate change skeptics held signs reading "Global Warming: Science by Homer Simpson."

There is also this:

Some businesses that would fall under the new rules say the system could dampen California's already flagging economy, complicate lawmakers' efforts to close a $28.1 billion revenue shortfall and lead to an increase in the price of electricity.

Its a risky yet bold move.....It also states that green jobs are the fastest growing jobs in California and these measures should add to that.

top topics

join