It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are people really waking up?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
This is something I've been considering for a while. There seem to be more and more people waking up and questioning what they've been told.

With the whole fiasco regarding wikileaks, I'm seeing people shunning the MSM due to their clear as day bias against wikileaks, siding with the gov't. Go and look at comments for YouTube videos or on other social site. Look back to '08 or even earlier. If you notice, on political videos back then there was usually a "Dems need to do this", "GOP needs to do this" mentality, very divided. Now I'm noticing the mentality is "screw them all". I really don't think people have faith in the tea party, it was just the best available option.

There still are a ton of sheeple. But as they lose their jobs or run into conflict, I'm seeing more and more people waking up. But i could just be seeing what I want to see. What do you all think?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by mossme89
This is something I've been considering for a while. There seem to be more and more people waking up and questioning what they've been told.

With the whole fiasco regarding wikileaks, I'm seeing people shunning the MSM due to their clear as day bias against wikileaks, siding with the gov't. Go and look at comments for YouTube videos or on other social site. Look back to '08 or even earlier. If you notice, on political videos back then there was usually a "Dems need to do this", "GOP needs to do this" mentality, very divided. Now I'm noticing the mentality is "screw them all". I really don't think people have faith in the tea party, it was just the best available option.

There still are a ton of sheeple. But as they lose their jobs or run into conflict, I'm seeing more and more people waking up. But i could just be seeing what I want to see. What do you all think?

You are correct to assume that nobody is "waking up" truely what is the wake up movement going on? Sorry but if people start explaining it all they would fall into many categories from NWO, Aliens, Spiritual, Religious, etc., etc. All of this while only seeing their belief on whichever category as correct and others wrong. It is a joke to me honestly, and of course you have those that try and merge every idea into the SUPER HUMONGO SCREW ALL EVENT!

Whatever, people are not going to wake up as long as they have shelter, food, clothing, and sports or some other non-menial hobby to pursue. It is human nature to be self efficient, but with that said, when a human can no longer provide for themselves or their family things change to savagery. To survive people will do what they have always considered moral or ethical or wrong in any other fashion.

When enough people are starving in their soon to be ravaged and pillaged societies you will see them wake up, but only waking up to survival.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Cool!

I've been a home body-internet surfing-forum posting-board commenter and whatever else you can call an a**-sitter!

I seldom get out and talk with members of my community. Firstly, because I'm transplanted from another state and don't know anyone just yet.

It's been raining more than I like. I've been wanting to go to a billiards and see if I can still use English as I used to be pretty well "versed!"

I can just sit in the shadows and eavesdrop on people's conversations; I'll discuss world events and such, but someone else has to initiate my voice. I'll be alone, and I can only hold my own against two-or three should I be required to engage in any brawling...LOL

Hey! that's the first time I used that expression! LOL! I'll soon be ROFLMAO!!!

In all seriousness, it's Christmas time and I've been planning on volunteering at the local shelter/soup kitchen. I'll get an opportunity to learn the perspectives of those I encounter, and share mine with them...

Happy Holidays and seasons greetings BTW

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Time for bed. Good night.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Note to self, never post a relevant thread on ATS at 4 in the morning.

...Even if I can't sleep...
edit on 15-12-2010 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   
I actually want to know what is the definition of "waking up". I mean, the governments are screwing us. We are destroying the planet. TV, newspapers and internet are filled with lies. Society is full of hypocrisy. Despite whatever they say, NO ONE knows for sure what lies beyond the veil of death. We already know all of that. What I want to know is what kind of understanding, what would I see if I were to "wake up" right now?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raven_Heart
I actually want to know what is the definition of "waking up". I mean, the governments are screwing us. We are destroying the planet. TV, newspapers and internet are filled with lies. Society is full of hypocrisy. Despite whatever they say, NO ONE knows for sure what lies beyond the veil of death. We already know all of that. What I want to know is what kind of understanding, what would I see if I were to "wake up" right now?

That's a good question...

How about say we were little fledglings on the cusp of taking our first flight from the nest. Mom and Pops keep telling us this and that, but we won't know the reality of their words until we are in flight for ourselves. We will not only know that we are positively flying, we can actually feel it in our feathers.
edit on (12/15/1010 by loveguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

You have awaken yourself and have become sensitive and aware to what is really going on. More and more will awaken and become aware and sensitive. Each person will, in their own time,raise their vibration and become sensitive to issues that catches their attention and they will be able to sense what is true and what is not. Those who takes the trouble to raise their vibration level through meditation and other ways (solfeggio tones) can awaken at a faster rate and they may be able to detect the changes within themselves.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1Starman

You have awaken yourself and have become sensitive and aware to what is really going on. More and more will awaken and become aware and sensitive. Each person will, in their own time,raise their vibration and become sensitive to issues that catches their attention and they will be able to sense what is true and what is not. Those who takes the trouble to raise their vibration level through meditation and other ways (solfeggio tones) can awaken at a faster rate and they may be able to detect the changes within themselves.

Forgive my ignorance, but change to what? What are we supposed to awaken to? Further understanding? Well what are we supposed to understand more of? Intelligence? Spiritual? .... Slavery??

I hear so much about awakening to change, but just like "Yes we can" and "Change" ushered into POTUS positions, its just a slogan with little or no definition other than each of our own ideas of what we want.

Just reminds me of how self serving humans are mostly, to hope for awareness of our own desires.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Well in the past the whole Fed issue was rather unknown from what I could tell, now I think most are in the know about some of the issues with the Fed, as an example.
edit on 15-12-2010 by ghaleon12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Eavel

Awaken to the sub human animalistic nature in you and make the effort to change to be a humble human being who is worthy of being allowed to exist peacefully with compassion with others.People thinks that what they materialise now does not affect their future.Well,if you choose to learn it the hard and sufferable way,then you will have it when your time comes. Do you know that in the midst of your suffering,you deeply accept the pain and realise that you are suffering for the wrong that you did in another lifetime,the suffering will ease and subside.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I dont see people wakeing up. When people wake up, change happens-just knowing things doesnt mean anything without action.
We lost the american way of life with corruption and the free trade acts.
When we see governent polititions on trial for war crimes, fraud and theft. When we see banks being burned, polititions shot or hung. When we see a tax revolt because our government spends our money on wars and bankers. When we see blood in america, instead of on tv from our false wars, The host of other crimes our country has done, justified. Then people will be wakeing up. Maybe i ask for too much? Lets look at history and see how it was done in the past, since it [ Must be the way !
With all the corruption, theft of tax monies, the war machine, you will all be taxed to death and still will get even less and less in return. Why? AFRAID- Born outside of nature forgetting you have to fight to live, not just work and letting other faceless people fight for you. Admit it, you are SLAVES! nothing more -The greatest crime to me is property taxes on your own property, a tax on life.......a tax on liveing..........

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by 1Starman

So people are to wake up with the understanding of random peoples philosophical ideology? I am not saying your views of waking up are wrong. I just dont understand how people can dictate in a life of uncertainty and mystery how you and anybody else think they understand the meaning of this life past your own nose.

This is my only grip about the new age wake up movement is there is no room for anybody else. You are either on the bandwagon of understanding or off the bandwagon of ignorance. Nobody truely gives a straight forward answer, you end up with as I stated random big ideas such as the law of one or some other perspective that can only be experiences through your own mind, not mine.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Great post - I am always curious about this and ask whenever I speak with friends and relatives back in NYC. Hubby and I moved out to the heartland 8 years ago so I am totally out of the loop. We are living very rurally. Our nearest neighbor is a mile away.

People here are different. Most are not fully awake (amazed how many buy the 9/11 OS) but trust the gov't much less than city folk. All are well armed. I have noticed that the friends and relatives that we've tried to wake up over the years are mostly awake now. They and a lot of their friends are storing food, etc.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   

There still are a ton of sheeple. But as they lose their jobs or run into conflict, I'm seeing more and more people waking up. But i could just be seeing what I want to see. What do you all think?

I have been out talking to strangers since 2006. Yes people are waking up. I used to get a big YAWN now people are eager to know what information I might be able to give them. (I use an index card and stuff to google on the Federal Reserve and Big Ag's Food Takeover )

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Good morning everybody!

It's a new day, and the dawning of a new age, you can almost hear the rooster crowing!

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I reckon...

That more people are waking up than we or they even realise...

that's what t i reckon

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I know I have. I spent hours online searching for answers! I've also been super sensitive to stuff lately, but then again I'm empathic. I just hope that people stand up for what is right and start questioning things. Turn off your damn TVs and look for answers! you're not gonna find any good info on TV...it is corrupted and polluted by the media.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by 2theC

Yup.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Pain is the first stage of recovery. It exists to make sure you know that something needs to be addressed. The tallest man who ever lived (over 8 ft. tall) died of an infection that started in his ankle. He never felt it because his nervous system was flawed when it came to routing pain impulses from his extremities. Of course, he didn't know this, and no else did either. By the time he realized he had a problem, the infection had advanced to the point of no return. A sore ankle would've saved his life.

If you're feeling pain, it's trying to get you to address a serious issue. Pain is there to save you from your own tendency to let things slide. I see a lot of pain around me. Not a lot of enlightenment, but pain is a good first step.

top topics

join